Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    For our active military members
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For our active military members Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
A couple of military guys in Iraq have found a way to speak up for completing the mission there without getting into any trouble. Navy Lt. Jason Nichols and Staff Sgt. David Thul from the Minnesota Army National Guard have rolled out an Internet petition to finish the job. Nichols tells us that his colleagues "think the war is worth fighting but there wasn't a way for us to express that fact." Then they discovered that they could file a grievance with Congress, which in this case asks them to back the war. With appealforcourage.org, they've collected nearly 3,000 signatures and will deliver them to Congress this week. "I ... think we're winning the fight in Iraq on the ground," says Nichols, but frets over losing the political battle in Washington. "It's the responsibility of the military to prevent that."

With Thomas K. Grose, Silla Brush, Anna Mulrine, and Suzi Parker

http://www.appealforcourage.org/
State Champion
Picture of deano
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
no thank you

Josh Dean

World Champion
Picture of HB
Well if you could send it to some of our brave military people who are serving and understand and believe in what their mission is, unlike the Democratic surrender monkeys in Washington, it would be much appreciated!
Rookie
i wonder why we haven't heard about this in the national media? it surely couldn't be due to bias.
State Champion
Picture of deano
I am part of the brave military people who are serving HB and I will not express my views on the war but am willing to go when called, but will not be a part of this petition and my friends who are over there I know how they feel and they wouldn't be interested either.

Josh Dean

World Champion
Picture of HB
Well hopefully you guys are allowed to finish your job, so you don't have to go to a more dangerous Iraq (ie another Afghanistan) 5-10 years for now. Thanks for your service to this great country Deano!