Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    NFL champion
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFL champion Login/Join

Novice
AIM: Online Status For cntlwrstlr130
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I'm sticking with my boys, the Cowboys. I think they are going to win it.
<Guest>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Where it stands right now, I just don't see the Patriots losing. They're just a complete team. I love how in football you can say that. Whereas in baseball and basketball, they are the best teams money can buy. Salary caps rule!
<LATE>
STEELERS 5-1 BABY. WE'LL SEE HOW GOOD THEY ARE IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS. NEW ENGLAND AND PHILADELPHIA. MY PREDICTION RIGHT NOW, STEELERS WILL BREAK NEW ENGLAND'S WIN STREAK. GO BLACK AND GOLD
World Champion
Picture of NWI
If the Seahawks had played the first 30 minutes like they played the last 30 Sunday, they would have beaten the Patriots. I have never seen a team come out so flat as they did the first half, and the fact they were ONLY down 20-6 at intermission was un-bee-buh-bul considering how crappy they played.

On the bright side, the Seahawks have a chance to get their groove back over the next 7 weeks. Next two weeks should be W's (at Arizona, home vs. Carolina), then key divisional road games at San Fran and St. Lou, then consecutive home cupcake games vs. Miami, Buffalo and Dallas.

The last 4 will be interesting, though...road games at Minnesota and NY Jets, then close at home with Arizona and Atlanta. If Santa Claus got my letter, I may be going to the Atlanta game for my Christmas present so I can watch them lock up home field for the playoffs.

Of course, last year I asked for golf clubs and got golf BALLS...FIVE FREAKING DOZEN GOLF BALLS!!!

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
<LATE>
WELL NWI I'M SURE YOU USED ALL OF THOSE BALLS UP IN THE FIRST 3 ROUNDS. LOL. IT'S NICE WHEN YOUR TEAM IS WINNING AND YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT. IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR THE STEELERS. I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 1996 TO HAVE SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT. LATE
<LATE>
NWI I BET YOU'RE HAPPY THE HAWKS GOT RICE. SHOULD BE A GOOD ADDITION. GOOD LUCK. LATE
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Late...Rice will be a good addition in the fact that maybe he'll be able to teach the receivers how to hang on to the freakin' ball when it's thrown right in between their numbers.

As far as having something to cheer about...at least your team has been in FIVE Super Bowls. I've been suffering for 29 years, my friend...and after living through Dan McGwire, Rick Mirer AND Jon Kitna at quarterback, by golly, I think this brother is just a little overdue.

<LATE>
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THEM UN-RETIRING STEVE LARGENT'S NUMBER TO LET RICE WEAR IT? LATE
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Let's see...the two greatest receivers of all time wearing the same number? What's the problem with that? I'm all for it.

<LATE>
I WOULDN'T PUT LARGENT IN THE GREATEST EVER CATEGORY. HE NEVER WON A SUPER BOWL LIKE MY BOYS LYNN SWANN AND JOHN STALLWORTH. DID HAVE AN EXCELLENT CAREER WITH MARGINAL SUPPORTING CAST. DIDN'T JIM ZORN THE LEFTY THROW TO HIM? ANY HOW YEAH, I THINK RICE CAN FILL THAT UNIFORM OUT JUST FINE. LATE
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Largent is one of 2-3 with 100 career TD receptions and is among the all-time leaders in receptions and yards received in an era before the pass-happy days of today.

Yes, he never saw the Super Bowl, but there are a long list of some of the best of all time who have never been to the promised land.

Just think, though...Jerry Rice can say he's been to the Super Bowl with three teams after this season.

Hopefully...

<LATE>
THERE'S ANOTHER TEAM IN PA ON THEIR SIDE OF THE LEAGUE THAT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT. IT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE AN ALL PENNSYVANIA SUPER BOWL. GO STEELERS
<kman>
Welp...looks like the NFC West is still up for grabs. Seattle struggled on the road with Hasselbeck having a horrendous game. However, the Rams didn't look much better getting thrashed by Miami. On other notes...the Vikings looked rather tough pounding out a win against the McNair-less Titans. This team is scary good on offense. No Moss?....No problem they just chewed it up on the ground...only problem is who gets the ball when Moss gets healthy, Smith comes back from suspension...and Bennett is finally healthy? Sounds like a good problem to have.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Boy...if anybody needed the next few games on Seattle's schedule any worse than the Seahawks do right now, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Arizona is always tough at home, but Hasselbeck played like...well, you know...and the ground game was pretty much non-existent -- and STILL they had a chance to pull one out until the late interception sealed it.

If Holmgren ever gets his head out of his hiney and the offense can ever get in full-on go mode, Seattle will be in J-Ville. If not...Holmgren's furry fannie needs to be canned.

Lawdie am I one unhappy camper right now...

<LATE>
I HAVE THREE WORDS FOR THE REST OF THE NFL.

STEELERS! STEELERS! STEELERS!
<kman>
Late,

Uhhhhhh I hate to burst your bubble but you have a rookie QB starting against the defending champs...at least your at home. It also helps when you beat a team that actually has a winning record.
<LATE>
KMAN WHAT IS YOUR TEAM. STAND UP AND REPRESENT.
LATE!
<kman>
I'm a Rams fan...seeing as I usually discuss, and/ or make fun of NWI for being a Seattle fan and his team's bumbling achievements. Then I had to suffer through and watch Miami thrash them for their first win...my only solace was....at least it wasn't the Cardinals...hehe.
<LATE>
KMAN, I REMEMBER THE LAST TIME PITTSBURGH AND THE RAMS PLAYED IN THE SUPER BOWL. IT WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. GOOD GUYS WON OF COURSE! UNFORTUNATELY YOUR TEAM HAS WON MORE SUPER BOWLS SINCE. THIS IS OUR YEAR BABY. NEW ENGLAND WILL FOLD BEFORE ALL IS SAID AND DONE. NAMELY, THIS WEEKEND AT HEINZ FIELD IN PITTSBRUGH, PENNSYVANIA. WAR STEELERS. WAR FRANCO HARRIS. WAR ROTHLESBERGER. WAR DIRTY TOWELS. BLING BLING BLING. LATE!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Yeah, but the Cardinals have the greatest running back of all-time. The Dolphins traded for a perpetual pot-smoker who left his team high (so to speak) and dry a month before the season started....and they STILL beat the Rams.

So there...nyah. Razz