Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    football playoffs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

football playoffs Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of dad189
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
any predictions;

Burke 24
Linc SW 20

Millard N 34
Millard W 17
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Dad189, I would guess you are a metro area parent picking Burke over LSW. I am obviously an LSW fan.
If you looked at or listened to the Millard South LSW game there is no way you could pick against LSW 28 to 0 at half and 41 to 0 with just over 4 minutes to go, come on now get sensible. All the talk was how LSW could not hang with the metro teams, the had not played anyone, etc. and they come out and completely dominate MS, who took MN to like 3 overtimes.
LSW 35 Burke 14
Millard N. 42 Millard W 24

Good Luck HAWKS

hawk

Rookie
Picture of dad189
Your right about being a metro parent. LSW is going to be tough, but I dont think anyone in the state can stop Burkes offense, other then Burke that is. There will be some points put up. Good luck to all the teams. Lets watch some good games.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Good luck to all!

LSW 34
Burke 21

Sloup goes for 175 and scores 20
Rookie
Good Luck to former Lincoln Squires,
Ollie Sloup and Preston Marsh!!!!!!!!!!
Rookie
Picture of dad189
Burke 24
Linc SW 20

Sloup for 180 yds. Linc SW for 340 yds.
Hyland passes for 250 yds. Burke rings up 375 total. Great game, back and forth all nite.
Go Bulldogs.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
HMMMM!
Good game except for the unsportsmanlike actions!
The huskers will have their hands full keeping Henry in check it appears!

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
who won?

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
LSW wins 34-15
Rookie
Picture of dad189
Good game, congrats to the better team Lincoln SW. Now you can see why I dont gamble. Everyone played hard and left it on the field.

Unfortunate that the play of a couple overshadowed the excellent efforts of the rest. Good luck Silverhawks in the finals.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
That Dad189 that truly is what sportsman do and say. I am sure the the LSW fans appreciate your support.

And you are right those kids played as hard as they could, there were very hard hits given on both sides and it is unfortuneate the actions of a few leave a bad taste with those that witnessed it.

Good Luck the the Bulldogs this coming wrestling season.

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Hawk...you do realize that if LSW beats MN this Friday night, the football teams will have a 1-up advantage on the wrestlers in the state championship banner department.

Just making an observation... Big Grin

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Yep, I sure do! But hey those kids, coaches, teachers, administration, parents, and student body are all well derserving. 4 years in andlook at them.
Kaufman, Newell, Couliard, Sloup? and the rest of the wrestlers on this team have wroked very hard to get to this point and the rest of the city and state should take notice of their accomplishmnents and realize SEE WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU WORK HARD.

hawk

Rookie
Hawk, nice job predicting the LSW-Burke score -- or at least coming close.

Unfortunately, the bad conduct on the field will likely sit with Burke longer than LSW since LSW won. I don't think LSW players were totally clear of guilt either, as flags flew against LSW once or twice for bad-choice activities on the field.

I am more embarassed by a poor example of humanity in the stands. As several LSE FB players were walking up the stadium steps, an LSW fan (upper teens) was talking smack at the LSE guys. To top that off, several adults sitting around him were laughing. I'm an LSW parent and was not proud of that behavior coming from my "home team".
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Great example set by the adults in that situation, eh? And then we wonder just where our kids are learning such behavior?

Sadly, that situation is not unique to cross-town rivalries. I've seen it more often than I care to count, and a lot of it starts with the "adults" in these kids' lives.

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Warrior Hawk,
I did not witness any of the stuff, you spoke of but I left right after the last PF and the game was in hand,I was footballed out for the day. Long day tailgaiting and watching the Huskers.

I am also ashamed of the actions of the kids but even more so I am upset that the adults did not step up and stop it let alone laugh about it.
I am a bit surprised that the kids were acting that way, as I saw 2 Millards South letter jackets, a couple Lincoln High and a Northstar or 2 sitting with the LSW kids.

So as Dad189 says a few bad examples ruin what was a pretty good game.

And you wonder why the LSE kids paint them selves with "you can't buy tradition"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

hawk

Rookie
Hawk,
I was sitting to the north side, so wasn't near the student body. My guess is this kid is a wannabe and/or was trying to impress someone. I was glad to see the LSE guys let it slide. I did say "hi" and talk a couple minutes with one of the LSE guys who used to play for me in the midget ranks. I was hoping the "mouth" would see that an LSW fan would talk congenialy with the other guys, but I doubt he noticed. Oh well, if you can't lead the horse to water, you can't drown it... :-)