Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Where in Sandhill Did That Team Come From?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where in Sandhill Did That Team Come From? Login/Join

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
30-3????

I'd have believed it if it was the other team on top!

Guess you never know.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
The Sandhills had nothing to do with it Rocker...I was there all day and never saw this coming!

So it's your fault!!! Trout Slap

I was figgerin on watching Big Red get smoked the 1st quarter then going out and getting the Christmas lights hung and listening to the rest of the drubbing on the radio.

Only got lights hung during halftime. Lucky its 'posed to be nice again tomorrow..

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
Varsity Letterman
I was going to get my lights up too, and we're supposed to have snow rolling in here tomorrow. So it looks like that project is off for a little while...
World Champion
Picture of NWI
How dare Bill Callahan go out and whup up on Colorado??? Now I have to put up with another year of the Worst Coast offense???

Grrr....

Great win, though. If you'd have told me NU was 27 better than CU today, I'd have suggested an increase in the volts of electroshock therapy you were prescribed by your shrink.

And what class those CU students showed today, huh? What morons...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
I'd heard stories for years from Husker fans who went to Boulder about some of the nasty things the fans had done and said. Now the whole nation got to see it first hand. As if that university needed another image problem already?
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
That wasn't too bad, for a team (Nebraska) who supposedly had the last nail in their coffin hammered by Colorado last year. At least, that was what their genius coach Barnett said last year.

This year he says "I am dumbfounded"; and "I didn't see that coming".

What goes around comes around. Nebraska just returned the favor to Colorado from the 62-36 game from a few years back.

Colorado got too cocky; thought they had passed Nebraska by. They found out different.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I think Nebraska's win Friday was much more damaging to Colorado's program than the 62-36 2001 debacle was to Nebraska's.

Consider that both programs were in pretty good shape in 2001 (although not in good enough shape by the high standards of both teams' fans). That game was at the center of the BCS controversy that put NU in the (mythical) national championship game, so both programs were among the nation's best at that time.

This year, CU was clearly the better team and NU was scrambling and fighting for what little respect it still had among the Big 12 hierarchy. This win not only was the biggest in Callahan's short tenure, but may be the loss that ultimately kills Barnett's tenure as CU coach. He's up for a contract extension in a couple of years, and considering the way his team was slapped Friday, my guess is that extension has been transferred to File 13.

And what an opportunity to get a firsthand look at the lack of class that CU fans show in this "rivalry." The adult fans have long been a problem (beer throwing, tire slashing, etc.), and now the students seem to be taking a page out of the alumni's book. What a pathetic display -- even more pathetic was the fact that the CU stadium security was so slow in reining in these morons in the first place. They were STILL throwing crap on the field as the section was being cleared out, almost hitting a referee with a full water bottle.

Seems to me that Colorado isn't anywhere near to being at the level NU's program is, even with the way Nebraska has struggled the past two seasons...on the field or in the stands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Finally got my lights done before the blizzard blew in. Click here for a video presentation...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
what about billy C running the option