Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Wrestling & Football Players
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wrestling & Football Players Login/Join

<Guest>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Who are some good wrestlers that are also good football players in high school? Roll Eyes
<Guest>
WAYLAND LATHAM AND BRETT LUTMER SCOTT NORDSTROM.

SKUTT
<Guest>
I did not know that Scott Nordstrom played football? How is skutt doing in football this year?
<GI Fan>
Brandon Hudiburgh of Grand Island Senior High and Aaron Cooksley of Grand Island Northwest are both very good football players.
<Guest>
Taylor Escamilla Awsome!!
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Taylor May is an incredible linebacker for Chase County.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
You guys know, McCoy is the best wrestler, he is a great football player too, he had like 57 yards in three rushess against freemont last week and he's third string, this might account up to the 500 and somethings yards total BoysTown had also.

Ohh yeah, you will be hearing alot about BoysTown from me alot cause I used to live their.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

The Stat Boy

Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
I almost forgot, theres Lorrel Ammons,(8 at STATE) (BoysTown), Anthony Vetrainno, (4 at STATE)(BoysTown,), devlon Webb (STATE CHAMP)(BoysTown), Yassim Bribiaseca (STATE CHAMP)( BoysTown), and Josh Witt (BoysTown), and Ronnie Agosto( 6 at STATE) ( BoysTown.)

The Stat Boy

<Guest>
So McCoy is at Boystown not at North. Will this be true for the wrestling season as well?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Michael Krajicek of Gretna is having a heck of a season right now. Scored 4 TD's on 8 rushing attempts against Schuyler and had a number of QB sacks as well. He's solid and playing well right now for G-Town.

Joe Janovich didn't go out for FB this year. From what I understand, the groin injury he suffered at districts last year bothered him all summer during baseball, and he's taking the fall to get that healed up. If he and Krajicek are 100 percent and this new kid that moved in from Washington is as good as advertised, Gretna will be tough from 160-189.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Josh Hartwell of Crete is also having a good season in football, playing DE and RB for Crete. He's undersized but he plays hard all the time.

Chad Mattox
<Guest>
Ryan Molacek of Stanton may be one of the best running backs in the state, regardless of class.
<Guest>
Ollie Sloup from LSW. Last friday he had 19 carries for 229 yards and 3 TD's. Plus he's only a sophomore.
Rookie
I coach midget FB (7th and 8th graders) in Lincoln, and I love having wrestlers on the team. These guys typically have a better concept of balance, hip location, good base, and keeping their feet moving upon contact. Many skills translate to FB from the mat. Mental toughness is one I shouldn't forget.
Rookie
I should have thought about Dan Bargen who wrestles and plays FB at Pius. He qualified for state at 171 last year as a Jr. and is solid on the field this fall.

Masilko also played midget ball last year. I don't know if he's play FB this fall or not. Of course his size is not an advantage in FB at this point.
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
This was the headline in a Minnesota newspaper

"Augsburg football team pinning its hopes on wrestlers"

Great article which compliments wrestling in general..Augsburg Wrestling

You'll have to register to the paper to actually read the article... or send me an email and I can send it to you.

k_highley@msn.com
<Silko>
WarriorHawk, Alex is playing on PX freshman team, starts at linebacker and 2nd string tailback, returns kickoffs and on kickoff team. Your right size is a not his advantage at only 119lbs about the lightest guy on the team.
Rookie
Silko,

Glad to hear Alex is playing FB. From what I remember from last year, Alex wasn't about to back down from anyone. Glad that he's not letting size keep him from believing he can't mix it up this year. This year and last year on my midget FB team, one of the smaller guys each year was one of the most fearless hitters. That's the mental toughness I referred to in the earlier post.
<Guest>
Wrestlers starting for Plainview football team: Tim Steinkraus, Weston Frahm, Ian Scranton, David Wragge, Shawn Meyer, and Jace Kluver. 3 others are splitting varisty time. With many young wrestlers on the football team, we have 24 out of 38 kids being wrestlers on the football team.
<Fan>
Guys, it is not a very big deal for athletes to compete in more than one sport. Many athletes play football and wrestle. It is better to be a well rounded athlete than to only play one sport. The kids will benefit more for playing more sports, even if they could have been "slightly better" for just concentrating on one sport.