Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Traveling Music
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling Music Login/Join

<froggy>
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
CAN i Get someones username and password?
Rookie
AIM: Online Status For cpfballer28
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
ozzy ozbournes...the essential...disc two is the better one of the two
Junior High
quote:
In-A-Godda-Da-Veda" would probably get you across two states!

Not the way I drive, it won't...LOL.

Mikey, I've seen you drive... this might be good for THREE states (Alaska, California and Texas)

As for me.. It depends on the mood... Maybe a little Meatloaf to get me pumped up for the day, then A LOT of Enya or Sarah Brightman to cool me off after dealing with crazed coaches, wrestlers, or fans at the end of the day.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
SEEN me drive??? When and on what 2-lane highway did I pass you???

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Hey another one I thought of (after almost 1200 miles of driving in a four day period) was Bob Seger's Greatest Hits. "Come to Papa", "Strut" and "Traveling Man" are all great to jam out to on an empty stretch of Highway 2.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Ok you old dudes maybe you will know these and maybe not. I usually do not want to play to much of the old head banger stuff and want to start out a bit on the slow side and work to the "Worlds Greates Country and Western Band"

Go pickup anything by Delbert McClinton.

J.J. Cale has a couple of recent CD's out and has a great cover of Call Me the Breeze.

Janis and Big Brother cannot not be beat for that soulful side.

For those guitar riff fans Tommy Bolin formely of Bad Co. and a native of Iowa was incredible!
(rest in peace TB)

Onward to any LIVE by Clapton in any era, electric or accoustic. You can find so many other great muscians playing with him live.

Now to "The Worlds Greatest Country and Western Band" While self proclaimed this THE STONES cannot be beat by anyone at any time. Go back to the 60's and get off my cloud, paint it black, the spider and the fly, work your way thru sister morphine, and keep right on going you will never run out of great tunes and the best ones you probably have never heard.

That takes me to the duck blind at 3:00 am!!

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Speaking of Slowhand...there is a new six-string slinger out there who is making a name for himself in the blues, and he is the best new guitarist I have seen and heard in a long time.

Joe Bonnamassa reminds me of a grittier version of the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughn. This guy bares his soul in both his vocals and his riffs. I got to see him play on a bill with the Fab T-Birds, George Thorogood and B.B. King, and he blew the Birds and B.B. away and was right there with Lonesome George.

When it comes to a genre of music that will never let you down, the good ol' guitar blues of people like Clapton, Vaughn, King, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe B., and others is all of that and a bag of jelly doughnuts.

Mmmmmmmm.....doooooooughnuts.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Mikey,
Have you heard Coco Montoya? If not he will remind you of SRV.
The Lang kid is not to bad either. I saw him open for the Stones in KC a few years back and while the crowd was not paying much attention he still threw it down.
But I will have to say as a duo Ronnie Woods and Keith are very hard to beat especially with RW on the steele. And yes I am biased having seen them 11 times over the years.
Come on RR I figured we would get something out of you by now, but I am guessing that deck building project is getting the best of you!!

CRISPY CREAM if you know what I mean!

hawk

quote:
Originally posted by hawk:
Come on RR I figured we would get something out of you by now, but I am guessing that deck building project is getting the best of you!!

Wwwwwwweeeeeelllllllllll,

If somebody doesn't know where I would start, they're either a noobie or haven't been paying much attention!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Made an 80 minute compilation of the best of Sammy and Sam Hagar to start out the looooonnnnnnnggggg trips to Wyoming (or coming home when we leave at 4:00 am), then usually have on hand Classic Rock Volume 3, 70's Rock Volume 1 and Rush "All The World's A Stage" to put in the portable CD player with headphones.

By the time those have played through there's usually enough racket in the back seat to keep anyone awake...

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Come on brother, I knew exactly where you would start, I just wanted to see what kind of extravagant post you would come up with.
Love the RR to but slide back a few years and enjoy some of the early years.
I will put something together for you along with that DVD and bring to that first invite.
Of course we maybe in camo. Think they will let us in?

hawk

Sounds good to me!

The Who, Hendrix, Joplin and others from that era will be just fine.

Only one question.

If you're in camo how will anybody be able to see you to even worry about letting you in?

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Well we would probably have a little blood on us that would show up under those fancy lights you have.

Oh heck I am thinking of the Fremont Gym arent I

Will pick out some live tunes for ya!

The kid just got back from San Diego on a senior trip with 3 other buddies and looking like he wants to go back, but he did download some great tunes on the ipod so maybe some new stuff to add to it.

hawk