Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Huskermat.com Announcements    Huskerland AA Clinics
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Huskerland AA Clinics Login/Join

Rookie
posted Hide Post
Bulldog - First off, I never said I didn't appreciate the huskerland board or organization. I was questioning why if it is a "state tournament" why you don't have weight classes. I think if you took a poll more people would like to see that format. If this is being compared to as a MAJOR TOURNAMENT then it should be ran as one. I would expect most other state tournaments in others states are not done like Huskerland. I know Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa isn't.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
that was quick red rocker!!

NCAA Champion
posted Hide Post
Well I guess since this thread is an advertisement for a clinic and has not been removed and put on the "camp/clinics" thread at the top of the page then I guess that either means one of two things:

1) That all camps and clinics can start their own thread and promote their agenda.
2) Huskermat/HB and Rocker aren't being fair when comes to camps and clinics.

Please pick 1 or 2

Please don't say its because its free, because I promoted a USA regional training site in Northeast Nebraska and all you need is a USA card and that thread got moved.

Come boys do the right thing...don't be two-faced.

Posts: 2006 | Registered: February 03, 2003Report This Post
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
posted Hide Post
My, my, you guys are busy in here!

525......looks like this thread is far more than an advertisement.....LOL.....it is a debate about wrestling.

One thing about it, folks, I never founded Huskerland, but I do know what the principals were back then and still exist today. We exist today as a niche for the masses of youth wrestlers in the state. Craig Hellwege wanted a tournament for kids to be able to wrestle in a state like atmosphere without being destroyed in big king of the hill brackets. He also didn't want parents and coaches and wrestlers to be overly concerned with weight management and cutting when kids are very young. It certainly is easy to get caught up in, and it can burn kids right out of the sport. Huskerland would prefer to get lots of kids exposure to the sport in a different way than Iowa or Kansas or other states.....is there anything wrong with that? Those whose kids are ELITE can always find that elite competition. So why bash Huskerland and the way it is put together? We actually are having conversations with groups in New York and Pennsylvania who would like to see something like this in their state instead of cut throat king of the hill tourneys that only serve the very few % who are elite.

There are certainly critics everywhere.....you can witness them in this forum, for sure! But I think the good we are doing certainly outweighs the bad by a long stretch. At least there are a few folks out there trying to boost wrestling numbers and acumen in our state.....many of the others are using their criticisms to drag people and programs into the black hole. I would like to see the critics become a part of the solution, not a dissector of the problem. 05 or Cotton Mouth...... I would be glad to sit with any of you face to face to talk about how to make our state better collegially.....wouldn't that be cool?

Posts: 161 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: December 12, 2002Report This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
Psh wrestle05 I don't know why you are making such a big deal about the cost of huskerland, the wrestling is worth it.. thats the thing if you have 70 kids then paying only 140 dollars is a good deal. You need to stop penny pinching and stop worrying about the economy you need to watch "mad money with jim cramer" if your so worried about making that much money. You must be stuck in 1905 thinking 140 dollars is a insane amount of money. As a club kid huskerland is basically the ultimate tournament for the state of nebraska argue that if you want i dont care, but when you make arguments on how much it costs? thats just ludicrous. I bet your one of those people that has all their money under your mattress in fear of the banks crashing and losing all your money. Get real.