New
Find
Notify
Tools
results Login/Join

State Champion
Picture of deano
posted   Report This Post  
W/ NWI down where can we go to find results this year?

Thanks

deano
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
That was the best part of NWI,too bad we couldn't get the same thing started on here HB.

What would it cost to set something like that up on Huskermat ?

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
I have a couple websites I own/operate and have considered this... at least for results, etc. I don't have the time nor contacts to do what Mikey did with stories and other features.

What would be the anticipated bandwidth or hits needs for a results only site?

I'm game...
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Any way they could get posted somewhere on here?
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
Currently, the NWI site still works as far as entering data. Is there a way to back up the previous season (as had been done in the past) and then just clean it up and you'd have this year to post. Don't know the possibility of that or if it would even be legal to do that. Just some ideas........
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Where are all the football results posted? Where are all the softball results posted? Sports that have wildcard points are required to post their results where? Are we to a point technologically speaking to do the same? Do we want that available? Can we have results for every wrestler in the state on a central site? Would this help with seeding meetings? Would it be a headache for ADs and/or coaches? Does this make too much sense? Could it be pulled off? What is stopping this from becoming a reality? Has anyone ever posted this many questions in one post?

Rick Henry

Originally posted by chiefstorm:

Where are all the football results posted?

NSAA Site called in to NSAA Ultimate Scoreboard show via toll free number.

Where are all the softball results posted?

NSAA Site again.

Sports that have wildcard points are required to post their results where?

Would guess NSAA Site.

Are we to a point technologically speaking to do the same?

Yep.

Do we want that available?

Yep.

Can we have results for every wrestler in the state on a central site?

Yep.

Would this help with seeding meetings?

Yep.

Would it be a headache for ADs and/or coaches?

Not if it is assigned to an assitant coach.

Does this make too much sense?

Yep.

Could it be pulled off?

Yep.

What is stopping this from becoming a reality?

Us.

Has anyone ever posted this many questions in one post?

Gawd I hope not...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER

World Champion
Picture of HB
I was talking with Roy Emory about doing something. I just don't want to host the results on here. If we could get something set up like Schuler from Louisville had I think that would be best.
Rookie
Picture of NU.wrestling08
This should be easy. Have the host school send in the results to the NSAA. If NE schools go out of state then those schools report their own results to the NSAA. Why is it such a big secret what everybody's results are anyway? The schools have to give their schedules to the NSAA so why don't they have to report their results?
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Its probably too late to involve the NSAA on this dream for this year, but lets make it a goal for next year. I think it has serious potential. For this year, I would be willing to support whatever and do my part to help results get posted there.

Rick Henry

NCAA Champion
There's no reason why the tournament hosts/director can't scan or take a picture of the final bracket sheets and then upload them to a website. Larry Cottle and I did this last year with the David City invite and it worked great. This way you have all results not just the medal rounds. To make even earier, most tournaments are being run by computer anyways so results per bracket are already in computer format of some kind. We just need a site to upload to or send through email and webmaster upload for us etc. This can still be done....don't wait until next year. I would be willing to send all of Tekamah's results(full bracket sheets) somewhere....give me a place.
NCAA Champion
If the tournament hosts can't send the results, just announce at the coaches meeting and ask for a volunteer to send final computer jpg file. I'm sure one of teams would do it.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
I emailed Darin Boysen about this yesterday. Fortunately for us, he's also in charge of the technology/website aspect of the NSAA. However, it's only his first year and he's not willing to take that on yet.

From what I understand, he and some other folks sit down and do wild-card points, I don't think they're entered into a database to be calculated. Strange, but true.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Well if you really need some one to do it for you coach our web guy is not real busy.
I just can't seem to get that bottle of Turtle Wax and the polishing cloth out of his hands! woot

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
If somebody is interested in contacting Kevin Dill, the NWI web guru, there might be a way for the programming we used for entering results to be taken over by somebody.

His e-mail is kevin@dill-pickles.com if anyone wants to contact him.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by NWI:
If somebody is interested in contacting Kevin Dill, the NWI web guru, there might be a way for the programming we used for entering results to be taken over by somebody.

His e-mail is kevin@dill-pickles.com if anyone wants to contact him.

The info that NWI had on last year was great, but it would be nice to get full results of the brackets without hand punching them back in. If we could send through email the files to a webserver and then he or she could organize by tournament name....click on the link to tournament name and then another link to weight class...and poof, full bracket results.
Novice
Is anyone still persuing this? Posting the results helps everyone in wrestling out. I hope someone steps up and the results get posted somewhere.

Coach Aschoff
Rookie
I suggest we post results to this forum page. Make the title of the first post be "Week One Duals". If you had a week one dual, post results. Make another post be "Week One Tourneys". Great idea to have the host school be responsible for posting results. Someone could sit at the head table and create a Word document as the competition is taking place. When the finals are over, copy and paste.

First name, last name, records, individual match results, whatever.

We are in the information age. If you are reading this post, you dig information.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Front:
I suggest we post results to this forum page. Make the title of the first post be "Week One Duals". If you had a week one dual, post results. Make another post be "Week One Tourneys". Great idea to have the host school be responsible for posting results. Someone could sit at the head table and create a Word document as the competition is taking place. When the finals are over, copy and paste.

First name, last name, records, individual match results, whatever.

We are in the information age. If you are reading this post, you dig information.

We would still be posting to this forum, but would have a link to the results..if you know what I mean. Each tournament or dual should have its own thread so that after someone has viewed results then they can go back to the forum and post a comment. If we have all tournaments under one thread we'll be sifting through results and comments looking for .....let's say "Clarks Tournament". This forum can be the first place people look...start a new thread called "Clarks Tournament"....then when you go to that thread there will be a link to the results...click on link and get "full results" (.jpg file/picture of bracket from tournament). Then hit your back button and post your reply on the tournament....this would be great for Huskermat and everyone. Ross, why don't you find someone to help make this happen? Your website would get 100% of the attention. If someone else finally decides to create a website just for this purpose then this site becomes a forum only site, when it could be full results also.
Junior Varsity
525 is right on the money. Let's say for example the 2006 Omaha North Ekfelt Invite. Whom ever starts the thread has the ability to update their posts. Therefore, I will start that thread and as the results are provided I will update my first post.

I will continue that process throughout the remainder of the season for all Tournament/Duals that I have the good fortune to be around.

Hopefully more avid Huskermat viewers will do the same.

In addition, nwimag.com is still available. And I will continue to post results on that website as well. It only takes a little time and I believe to be much appreciated by the masses.

LG