Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Elite 30 Sophs

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Elite 30 Sophs Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Should be posted tonight. After I get done with the sophs and incoming freshmen, I'll move on to Class Previews.

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Are posted.

Link
Rookie
How many states make you pay to see ranked wrestlers? Does this promote or hurt Nebraska wrestling?
Novice
Nebraska has free rankings. This guy does a lot of work in putting together this site and wrestling. This is his thoughts he has through the research he does.

The Omaha World Hearld and Lincoln Journal Star put together rankings.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
whoa, not so, neither paper does wrestling rankings. Huskermat.com gives you this free forum Chief Renegade, help support the forum by joining up, you'll get more than just rankings. The coach's association does some rankings that are carried in numerous newspapers, course the papers are not free either Smile Support Huskermat with your membership subscription

Novice
There are rankings in the papers is what I meant. Also these rankings can be found free online.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
baha - the papers post the Nebraska Scholastic Wrestling Coaches Association's rankings, which are done by the NSWCA coaches and are not those of the papers themselves.

Ross does a boatload of research that goes into his rankings, research the daily papers won't even BEGIN to dive into. The World-Herald doesn't feel there is enough interest in wrestling to warrant its own rankings (according to Stu Pospisil), and I've talked with the Journal-Star about doing their own and it's something they are, at least, considering. Neither does their own, rankings, though...and never have.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

World Champion
Picture of HB
I'd like to think I do a lot more than rankings Smile
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
You can add tweet to the resume HB!

Rick Henry

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Take it from somebody who knows...whatever you're making on this venture, Ross, it's not enough for the time and effort you put in.

And those who subscribe are getting a HE11UVA deal for all that you offer.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
All I am saying is someone who wants to see wrestling ratings for free can look on the newspapers websites when the rankings come out. I know they do not put the ratings together.

I was trying to explain to the guy that Nebraska does have free ratings and that there is a reason that some stuff on here you have to pay to see. Stuff on here is researched a lot and is very insightful. This site does alot for Nebraska wrestling.
Rookie
Perhaps RANKINGS is not the right word.....I'd say the value in Huskermat is the EDITORIAL COMMENT the site adds up to those rankings.
Hooah!
AB box
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
i think he is the guy that does the kansas rankings and they are free on their site is what he is getting at but they use the usa site for their forum. huskermat is cheap enough it is well worth the money and its not free to maintain a site with this much traffic
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
for the quality of information found on this site, the price of a premium membership is a small expense. Keep up the good work, Ross.

Chief R. is confusing the Elite lists with the regular ratings.

FYI Chief R. the Elite 30 lists are by grade. HB ranks each grade's top 30 regardless of classification.

Once he starts doing the regular ratings (or rankings as some call them) they are usually released first to those with a paid subscription then shortly after to the general public. The Huskermat.com ratings are separate from and in addition to the Coaches Association ratings that are found free in multiple newspapers throughout the state.

To answer your question, Huskermat definately promotes Nebraska wrestling.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
HB's rankings are a little bit more detailed and researched than the papers. THey just get the ranking off a coach usually, and everyone knows coaches can favoritize(if thats a word) certain kids and downgrade their own kids for their own amusement.