Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Class C Show Tonight

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Class C Show Tonight Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
We won't have a guest unless some Class C coach from around the area volunteers in the next 5 hours. Otherwise we'll be on at 7 tonight to cover the whole enchilada called Class C wrestling.
Rookie
Picture of swizzle_stix
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Where is the show broadcast? TV, Radio, Streaming?

Just wondering

Dustin Favinger

World Champion
Picture of HB
streaming on the Internet. Hopefully we have a lot of swimmers tonight Smile
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I forgot my swim trunks...anybody mind if I swim in my birthday suit??? LOL

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
was the show on or not? how about it Red Rocker.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by scott:
was the show on or not? how about it Red Rocker.

Just got over.

Couple of corrections on Tekamah: Seth Olson will be at 119 and Sam Hansen will be at 125.
Dustin Franklin will be at 130, he's never weighed more than 134 in his life.
Rookie
I tryed to get it but couldnt any suggestions
Rookie
got it up for the achieves yet?

Click here for the Archive. It's at the bottom of the page.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
I usually enjoy the shows. This one was a little disappointing. Nothing against Denson or Carnes but it was obvious they did not know much about C teams or wrestlers. They diverted off the subject to much and talked about other stuff not relating to Class C. With all the talk of Class C on this site I am sure there is somebody out there that knows something about C that would do it if a coach wont do it.
Rookie
I was really disappointed with the show. I agree that Denson and Carnes got off track way to many times. I don't the information on the show was as good as the other classes so far. I just think you didn't do justice to class C.
Rookie
You guys have to understand that the show was following a big time tourny that had the best D1 and D2 schools right in our back yard, and I found that entertaining. It is also a hard class to talk about pre-season because you have so many returning guys 7 state champs, 6 runner-ups if you count Kastler 04, 16 3rds and 4ths counting Mcormick 04. And knowbody really knows were those guys between 119-145 are going till the first meet. I hope they are underestimating Bennington, didn't talk about them much, but maybee that is a good thing the highest they were rated last year was 8th.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Come on Granby and BS...give them a break...what do you expect? I didn't get to listen either, but let's look at the obvious...Denson is a class A coach. Mikey covers the whole sport and was closer to the Gretna program...let's see...I guess they should both be experts in Class C too? HB said in the first post that he was looking for a class C coach and none were able to join in. Staying on subject about something you can't possibly know everything about is pretty tough. Try it sometime...oh yeah, why didn't you do some research and volunteer?...There you go. Try not to judge unless you've done it or at least tried it yourself.
Rookie
My schedule would not allow me to volunteer. As Denson as a host I would hope he would do some research before doing the show. Since Mickey C was willing to volunteer(I assume) he should have been a little more knowledgable about the class.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Oh, so you didn't have time, but you expect them to have the time on top of their busy schedule? Which do you think is better...a show with some information, or no show at all?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I volunteered about 60 minutes before showtime and pulled together as much as I could. Since Ross and I are both having info coming in slow in certain areas, I am only as good as the info I have to work with at that time.

I sent out 218 letters last week with pre-stamped post cards for coaches to fill out and return back to me (a process that takes, at most, about 30 seconds). Most coaches got their letters -- some either had their letters hijacked by an angry, basketball-loving postal carrier who had his prom date stolen by a state champion wrestler, or "inadvertently" misplaced by a school secretary, athletic director or assistant janitor.

As I get those post cards back, I e-mail a link for them to send preseason information me (the e-mail comes back to me pre-coded in HTML so that when it comes time to organize previews for next week's Prep Preview edition, it's a series of cut-and-paste moves which saves us all time). At last check, I have about 120 post cards in my possession and about half that many previews from coaches representing all four classes.

Not making excuses about whatever shortcomings I had last night. Just offering information on how things are being done on both ends of the information-gathering process. You can't talk about the beautiful scenery if you don't have any scenery to work with. Knowhatahmeen?

Junior Varsity
Mike, I didn't get my postcard. I know sometimes some of our other wrestling coaches pick up my mail. Have you got anything from Shelton?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
You should have received a fax today from me. I faxed those who I haven't received p.c.'s from today.

Junior Varsity
OK, we hosted conference One Act today and don't have anymore school this week, so I will see what happened to it as soon as I can. I would bet it will be difficult to locate before Monday though.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
To B.S. and Granby,

Hey, sorry we didn't do C any justice as you would put it. I spent the entire weekend working the Kaufman Open so I didn't have much time to gather information. Ross and Mike worked hard to gather information, but a lot of coaches haven't sent their preview sheets in. Understand this about the show. We want to do the best we can under the circumstances, and we want to talk wrestling. If you have something to share, email us or we can maybe work in a call-in from you guys. We aim to please knowing that you can't possibly please everyone.