Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Showdown At Sundown

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Showdown At Sundown Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of abcoach
posted   Report This Post  
Took a dozen kids over to Waukee, Iowa for a takedown tournament on their football field under the lights. Incredible facilities, fantastic experience, kids had a blast, can't wait to head back next year. 315 wrestlers on six mats and we were done in 4 hours.

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Very Cool!
Novice
They used to have a tournament like that at Wray Colorado, (maybe they still do). The kids said it was a blast, except when it got late, and the big bugs started dive bombing them. The mats also got real slick because of the dew on them. Otherwise, they said it was real fun.
Rookie
I remember taking kids to the one in Wray CO. It was a very cool except like Debo's mom said it kind of got wild to watch when the they had to wipe the dew off the mats every 5 minute so kids wouldn't biff it. I would love to put on one in the panhandle but don't think I would get much help for powers to be here.
Rookie
good stuff, coach. looks like you got the club and the youngens started off on the right foot...what are the club and high school team's plans for the rest of the summer...camps?... i really like those club shirts, any chance i'd be able to purchase one from you? let me know whenever you get a chance, may shoot you an e-mail or have you send one my way. thanks

coach k