Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Bleached Hair?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Bleached Hair? Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Why does everyone bleach their hair? I've been around the state tournament long enough to see different classes and teams do it. I personally think it's the most ridiculous looking thing to do. It makes these kids look stupid on the medal stand as well as on the mat. It's not exactly original either. Any reason behind this?
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I love it! As stupid as it might look to some, it makes the whole event more festive and fun for all. Somebody had multi-colored hair with greens, et. I thought it was great.

One team had bright florescent t-shirts. Helped make it easy for the hometown to pick them out on the floor.

It's a great event that keeps us all wondering about what's going to happen next.
Rookie
Picture of FCfan
Tradition!
Junior High
The first team I noticed doing this was Tekamah-Herman, they've been doing it for as long as I can remember. I'm sure that when the wrestlers who participate in this activity are standing on the medal stand with 3 days worth of wear and tear on their faces they really care what their hair looks like.
Rookie
Team building
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by huskernut:
Team building

Exactly and add a little tradition and most kids can't wait to dye their hair. It's sign of an accomplishment and unity of their team.

My kids wrestled for Tekamah-Herman a few years and it was never a question as to whether they would dye their hair or not. It's all part of making memories they will never forget.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by stalling123:
Why does everyone bleach their hair? I've been around the state tournament long enough to see different classes and teams do it. I personally think it's the most ridiculous looking thing to do. It makes these kids look stupid on the medal stand as well as on the mat. It's not exactly original either. Any reason behind this?

Thank you for bringing up this extremely important issue. However, important as it is there is another issue that is more important. I have noticed that a large number of the wrestlers tie their shoes with a granny knot. Henry, may he rest in peace, always said the small subtle insults are the most painful. It is very painful to us grannies to be mocked in this way. I hope that the coaches will all start teaching their wrestlers to tie their shoes in square knots. When they have that problem solved they can start working on the bleached hair.
Love,
Auntie Mame
Rookie
A few years back when Zack Richards and Trevor Wid were winning state titles for North Platte St. Pats, the elite Irish wrestlers dyed their hair black.