Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    East v. West Duel Classic
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
East v. West Duel Classic Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of luigi
posted   Report This Post  
Does anyone know if they selected the team members for this yet?
<Guest>
Right now they are trying to get kids lined up. If the first kid doesnt want to wrestle then they have to find someone else, who may be interested. It all takes time.
Rookie
Picture of luigi
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
alright thanks anyway
<Guest>
Is this just for Seniors ?

When ?

Where ?
Rookie
Yes, just for Seniors. Last year it was in the summer time..and it was in Bridgeport, NE
Novice
I heard that a few of my wrestlers were picked to wrestle but I have not received any information on this yet and I don't think any of them have either. We are on spring break so I have not checked my box since last Friday, but up to that point I had not received anything.
<brandl>
i got the info yesterday...and had to let them know within 48 hours....if they didnt get their probally an alternate
<Guest>
I know a class A Norfolk kid last year that wasnt even asked, that had 130 career wins,was a qualifier,2nd,3rd,and 3rd and pinned the kid who wrestled in the allstar dual at the state tournament.What's wrong with that picture?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...they usually give first preference to wrestlers whose coaches are NSWCA members.
<Guest>
Whether a coach is a member or not ,simply is not relevent to selecting the all star teams.
<Guest>
Caleb Mitchell was asked and he declined. Bridgeport is a loooong way.
<mr. anonymous>
This is more coaching BS! Neglect a hard working wrestler because his coach doesn't belong to some bogus association!!! It's things like this that give this sport a bad name. Coaches are too lazy to send in results and stats to the world herald. Baseball coaches do it, football coaches do it, basketball coaches do it, soccer coaches do it, swimming coaches do it, but every time I bring this up, the wrestling coaches fire back with they are too busy, and they need a home life too. Disgusting.
<coach>
I would not want to belong to an organization that selects kids only if their coach belongs to that organization.

If that group is truly interested in bettering the sport as a whole, they would not punish a kid who deserves to be there. And trust me, I know that is the NSWCA mentality. I have heard it first hand from one of their leaders.
<Al Le'Tor>
Sounds like you are a bitter old man! Did your son not get selected to wrestle in this event. Maybe you should work off your frustration by working out, instead of pounding the key boards.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
I am a coach and I also belong to the NSWCA. This is a great organization and for $20 a year you get your money's worth. Ths NSWCA has done rating for as long as I can remember, they also do Academic All-State, they have the All-Star duals and the most important thing is that they promote wrestling. I have no problem in selecting a wrestler who's coach is a member over one who's isn't. I guarantee you that most NSWCA coaches are the ones sending in results and going the extra mile.
<From the West>
Did I see someone write that "Bridgeport is a long way?" Boy I feel sorry for you - maybe we should move this way east too, I wouldnt want for you to have to drive more than an hour for something.
<Guest>
I know that you also have to be nominated for this dual by your high school coach. So maybe the Norfolk wrestler was not nominated. As for Mitchell how can you turn this down? Go out and compete!
State Qualifier
This Norfolk kid was my son.I was told by the person on this end who would know,that he was nominated.If I was given false info,I would like to know that.Who would have recieved the nomination last year? In my oppinion ,he was the second best senior 125 pounder any class last year, so should have been contacted to see if he was interested,nominated or not.He gave Jeff Rutlege one of his better matches last year.I believe the score was 2-0 going into 3rd period.What kinda got me,was the fact that my son pinned the kid that got the invite at the state tournament.I believe that kid was a qualifier twice,with a 4th place finish,while my son was a 4 time qual,2nd,3rd,3rd with 130 career wins.Needless to say,he wasn't too happy,and sort of blew off wrestling after that.

Bulldog,I'll have to disagree with you about passing on a kid based on his coaches membership or not,although I'm pretty sure his head coach is a member.
<g-unit>
What was the final outcome of the rutledge match.
<Guest>
who is your son? i doubt he was beeter that nick rotella or john hayek.