Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Huskerland Bracketing

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Huskerland Bracketing Login/Join

<WinbyPin>
posted   Report This Post  
I dont mean to stir up a controversy but Has anyone noticed that the Huskerland Brackets many times lean towards the Millard South and Lincoln Warrior Wrestlers. Im not sure if they are the ones that do the bracketing but its just something i noticed. Not to take away from alot of the wrestlers that really do deserve it but even them should have some tougher matches to earn it. Lets hear some opinions on this
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Plattsmouth was in the same division as Millard South last year at Huskerland and gave them a heck of a fight for the team title. We end up losing to Champion of Champion head to head matches that could had made a difference. We stepped up and came up short. The head of bracketing is Fred Hall of Lincoln and he is not a part of any club. He has a very hard job and has done a good job of trying to keep brackets evenly matched. What I have seen is sometimes kids from more rural area's have very good records and sometimes end up getting the Number 1 seed on records. This some times can backfire because they really don't wrestle a large number of matches or opponents. Which can sometimes make it difficult to bracket. Making it harder to bracket everything evenly.
<to blue devil>
did you get my email yesterday? I have had some problems with at my office.Silko
Rookie
Picture of homer2001
Where can you find the brackets at?
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
As a coach, I always tell my kids who cares where you are seated. If you are good, and you are going to be the champion, then your going to have to beat everyone anyway.
Novice
I got it this morning out of town yesterday. I replied this morning.
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
AIM: Online Status For Spartan69ALM04
Im not stating my opinion either way but here are just some results that might be the way they panned out but just look at this.

C-17 100 lbs

Austin Brooks Lincoln Warriors

Troy Zurcher North Platte

Wyatt Storms Broken Bow

Sean Rowland Milford

C-18 100 lbs

**Luke Penke LaVista

Cole Meyer Friend

Clayton Wurtele Nebraska City

Josh Anderson Westside

C-17-18
If im not Mistakin Josh Anderson had beat Austin Brooks that season correct me if im wrong.

C-7 86 lbs

**Shane Krim BJSA

Dan Pedersen Omaha Gross

Erik Payne Lincoln Wrestling

Daryl Holthus Palmyra Bennet

C-8 88 lbs

Jordan White Lincoln Warriors

Joey Hrupek Plattsmouth

Trey Finkral Battle Creek

Brady McCain Norfolk Jr

C7-8 all of the kids in the C-7 bracket have beat Jordan.

C-5 85 lbs

************** Lincoln Wrestling

Robert Eklund Friend

Jacob Hoesli Lexington

Tony Collins Ogallala

C-6 85 lbs

Mitchell Jennings Millard South

Gavin Thompson Lincoln Warriors

Chris Marsh Centennial

Bryce Havlovic East Butler

C-5-6 In the lexington tournament last year Gavin was beat by Tony Collins

Im not drawing any conclusions or anything i just wanted to show people what he is talking about. i dont necassarely agree with millard south as much and i dont want to take anything away from any of the wrestlers.
Go to http://www.huskerland.org/results_for_grades_7-8.htm and look for yourself
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
Im not stating my opinion either way but here are just some results that might be the way they panned out but just look at this.

C-17 100 lbs

Austin Brooks Lincoln Warriors

Troy Zurcher North Platte

Wyatt Storms Broken Bow

Sean Rowland Milford

C-18 100 lbs

**Luke Penke LaVista

Cole Meyer Friend

Clayton Wurtele Nebraska City

Josh Anderson Westside

C-17-18
If im not Mistakin Josh Anderson had beat Austin Brooks that season correct me if im wrong.

C-7 86 lbs

**Shane Krim BJSA

Dan Pedersen Omaha Gross

Erik Payne Lincoln Wrestling

Daryl Holthus Palmyra Bennet

C-8 88 lbs

Jordan White Lincoln Warriors

Joey Hrupek Plattsmouth

Trey Finkral Battle Creek

Brady McCain Norfolk Jr

C7-8 all of the kids in the C-7 bracket have beat Jordan.

C-5 85 lbs

**kc Rogert Lincoln Wrestling

Robert Eklund Friend

Jacob Hoesli Lexington

Tony Collins Ogallala

C-6 85 lbs

Mitchell Jennings Millard South

Gavin Thompson Lincoln Warriors

Chris Marsh Centennial

Bryce Havlovic East Butler

C-5-6 In the lexington tournament last year Gavin was beat by Tony Collins

Im not drawing any conclusions or anything i just wanted to show people what he is talking about. i dont necassarely agree with millard south as much and i dont want to take anything away from any of the wrestlers.
Go to http://www.huskerland.org/results_for_grades_7-8.htm and look for yourself
<Guest>
Millard South has been manipulating Huskerland ever since they were moved to class 'B' so they could win a team trophy. Lincoln wrestlers and Millard South wrestlers do get favorable brackets because they do the bracketing. A lot of the brackets only contain 7 wrestlers so a kid can win 2 matches and call himself a state champ. It's not fair to the wrestler that works very hard and gets stuck in a bracket with a couple studs.....while the bracket next to him with the same weight is won by a kid that he has pinned several times through out the year. GET A REAL STATE TOURNAMEBT....It would better Nebraska wrestling
<Guest>
it's little kids wrestling, don't take it too far, who cares who seeds it, not winning when your 10 or 12 or whatever isn't the biggest deal in the world
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
All of this would be solved if they had districts
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
They need 4 Districts and set weight classes and come out with a 16 man bracket for huskerland and keep it in kearny so everyone can attend
<MSfan>
Our coaches at Millard South could care less about the bracketing at Huskerland. What they care about is getting the wrestlers ready for high school. MS travels all over to get their kids quality matches, so why would they care to manipulate huskerland brackets? Get a serious clue! Anyway, our coaches don't even deal with brackets. This weekend MS is sending 16 wrestlers to RMN, I suppose they are going to influence those brackets to get better seeds? Coach Denson and Jennings and Garcia do a lot for wrestling in Nebraska and all you got to do is bag on brackets? If you want to bring up brackets and see if they are being manipulated, try pulling up Coach Denson's son, Morgan for the last three years and see if his brackets were easy.
<Guest>
Now we have heard the obvious opinion a mscoach
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
I guess everyone has a right to his or her own opinion, and that is something that makes this open forum what it is. I feel comfortable that we are doing the best we can for our kids, so we really don't have to justify the whole Huskerland thing. Like you said, Fan, we want to get our kids ready for high school so we can have a shot at a state title. Everything else is just a stepping stone. I don't want to get in Fred's business on bracketing, but if someone is really worried, they can contact him and maybe observe or something? Who knows? I know I don't even show up. Never have and never will (lol)! Well, time to head to RMN! Hope I don't get snowed in!
Rookie
Hey WinstonFan,
Ask Joe about the East highlight tape. When we finish the final copy, we will be taking bids on our next job. We could do your team for, uh, let's see....5,000 bucks. Sound reasonable. Before you say "no", watch the tape. Joe said he wished he had wrestled for East this year, just so he could be on the tape. lol (I've never actually used that acronym, it is as fun as it looks)