Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Top Of Rockies Tournament

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Top Of Rockies Tournament Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS:

Alamosa, Brighton, Broomfield, Centaurus, Chaparral, Cherry Creek, Cheyenne Central (WY), Conifer, Denver East, Franklin (TX), Ft. Lupton, Ft. Morgan, Grand Island (NE), Grand Junction Central, Grandview, Greeley Central, Greeley West, Green River(WY), Kelly Walsh (WY), Legacy, Longmont, Loveland, Montezuma-Cortez, Northridge, Pomona, Ponderosa, Pueblo South, Rio Rancho (NM), Rocky Mountain, Roosevelt, St. James Academy (KS), Thompson Valley

Brackets:

http://bvsd.org/schools/centau...ets_Results_2010.pdf
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We have pushed 10 kids through to the quarterfinals today and have three more on the backside. We only brought 13 and all are still alive. As of the end of the quarterfinals we were in the lead by 6 points. We got a TF, Fall, and Decision on the backside so I think we'll have another 6.5 points to add to our total and should keep us in the lead or close behind someone.
The tournament environment is worth explaining. The school has two gyms side by side, similar to Millard West or the new LPS schools, but neither gym is as nice or as big. Honestly we could host it in our East and Middle gyms (our old ones) and there would be more room for everyone! Thirty-two schools, 5 mats, and seating for only about 700 total. Its hot, sweaty, crowded, the building has no commons or open areas, and there is no room for any team camps. In general its a tough environment and our kids have stepped up and competed hard. Anyway, thought I'd update a bit from the coach's perspective. Looking forward to a tougher day tomorrow, hopefully we can stay in the hunt to win it. I'll try to update Sunday morning!
State Qualifier
Good luck coach, keep up the good work.
Rookie
Congrats Schad! All 13 still in after day 1! Good luck day 2! Respresent Nebraska well!
Rookie
Way to go GISH Wrestling!!! Keep the boys focused and breathing. I know colorado can be hard on the lungs when your wrestling.
Rookie
Good Job GISH on winning the Top Of The Rockies Tournament!
GISH had 8 medalists!

Final Brackets:

http://bvsd.org/schools/centau...ets_Results_2010.pdf

Final Team Results:

http://bvsd.org/schools/centau...eam_Results_2010.pdf
Rookie
The tournament was a great overall experience. Our kids fought hard against some very quality opponents. If you follow the season, I'd be willing to bet Rio Rancho will win New Mexico's state championship in the big schools (3rd in the TOR), Roosevelt (2nd in the TOR) or Broomfield (7th in the TOR) will win Colorado's 4A tourney with Alamosa close behind, and Ponderosa(5th in the TOR) or Pomona (4th in the TOR) will win 5A. I also expect Cheyenne Central to be in mix to win Wyoming's large school title.
Our team was unable to crown an individual champion, but our balance and overall strength was too much for the other teams. The guys that didn't medal combined to score over 25 points for our team! That was the difference for us. These tournaments, this one and the Clash, are great experiences for our kids. I'm proud to have been able to do this with our team. We all have grown from these experiences. Thanks for all who followed along and good luck as the tournament run begins for everyone!
State Qualifier
SchadGI, Do you plan on attending these tournaments in the future? These tournaments are what makes your wrestlers tougher.

Congrats Coach.

" There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure "

Rookie
As of now we are invited back to both the Clash and the Top of the Rockies. We are committed to the Clash already. The TOR is a little "up in the air." I can assure you if we don't go to the TOR, we will find another one of similar quality.
I completely agree with you, this is what makes a team/wrestler tough. Good wrestlers don't get better drilling people, you also can learn a lot about people by facing adversity and one can grow a lot from being put into adverse situations.