Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    PRAYER REQUEST
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
PRAYER REQUEST Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
I would like to request prayers for Ethan Schneider. Ethan is a 152lb senior wrestler for O’Neill. He is going in for heart surgery on Monday. Ethan has been struggling with heart problems for many years and was hoping to make it through the year before he needed surgery. He is a returning State Qualifier in wrestling and also is very active in Football, Track, and Baseball. His season was cut short when the doctor told him he had to quit and needed surgery. Any thoughts and prayers you can give him will be greatly appreciated.
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Prayers from CC. Best of luck and God Speed Ethan!
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
My thoughts are with Ethan as well....it has been a pleasure to announce some matches with Ethan participating...I'm sure the Eagles used Ethan as an inspiration at Districts and dedicated their performance to him and Nathan Wabs....and what a fine job they did!

May you have a strong and speedy recovery Ethan!

Prayers sent for Ethan and the entire O'Neill wrestling family.

Get well soon!

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Our thoughts and prayers to Ethan, his family, and O'Neill wrestling family!

Kastlers
Ord

State Qualifier
Ethan,

We are praying for you, your family, and all of the O'Neill wrestling community.

Diane and Frank Ryan
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Good things are coming Ethan's way. Prayers go out to him and his family.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
As one of Ethan's coaches I can't say enough about him. Looking back at what Ethan has done is truly remarkable. I was always riding Ethan and wondering why he would be dominating a match and then in the later periods he would run out of gas. After hearing of the doctor's diagnosis and that Ethan would be going in for open heart surgery i just wanted to crawl in a hole for riding this kid so hard. We can all learn a lot form Ethan, I HAVE. He never once tried to use his condition as an excuse and looking back he always gave more of himself than we could have ever asked for.

Ethan, I am proud to call you my friend and I am very proud of you as is the whole community of O'Neill. You are in our prayers and always a CHAMPION IN MY EYES!!!!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eagle2,
Rookie
Ethan is a great kid and hoping he can bounce back from this and play a little baseball this summer. I'll be praying that happens for him. He was a kid that was never out of any match he was in. He truly has a fighter's spirit. Get well soon buddy, we're pulling for you.

Coach Corkle
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
Ethan and the Oneill wrestling community,

The hopes and prayers of the Pierce Wrestling Team and community are directed your way as well. Most of us have had the pleasure of either meeting you, participating against you or watching you in action, and we all wish you the very best!!!

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!

World Champion
Picture of HB
Prayers to you and your family Ethan. All will be okay.
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
You are in our thoughts and prayers, Ethan. May God guide your surgeons, and bless you with a complete recovery.
Junior Varsity
Prayers to Ethan, his family and friends.
Rookie
Prayers are being sent to Ethan and the Oneill family from the Martins and Boone Central. Speedy recovery Ethan!
Rookie
UPDATE:

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Ethan made it through surgery and he is in ICU and doing well.
Junior High
Great to hear! I don't know Ethan, but wish him lots of luck and lots of prayers from our family.
Rookie
Thoughts and prayers to Eathan, and a speedy recovery. Wrestlers have proven to be tougher than nails so we hope to see you back soon.
State Qualifier
Please give an update on his condition.
Thank you.
Novice
Picture of phatjo23
Our prayers continue to go out to Ethan in his recovery.
Junior High
I think many of us have been concerned about this young man. It would be nice to get an update. I just did a google search and found a Feb 23rd article from the world herald. Below is an excerpt:

"When O'Neill senior Ethan Schneider could have been competing in Thursday's round, he was in the stands just three days after undergoing five hours of open-heart surgery at Childrens' Hospital. Schneider was lost for the season a couple of weeks prior to the district tournament.

O'Neill assistant coach Jesse Moore said the Eagles visited Schneider at the hospital on their way into Omaha on Thursday.

"Ethan decided to return the favor and came that evening to sit among fans and watch his teammates compete," Moore said.

A surprise for Schneider was a gift of a "Tough Enough" T-shirt from the Marine Corps.

"A very tired but happy wrestler accepted the shirt," Moore reported."