New
Find
Notify
Tools
???? Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
posted   Report This Post  
Has anyone who frequents this board been contacted by "Wrasslin" concerning the meeting next month? Wrasslin, I sent you an email two days ago, please let me know if you didn't get it so I can try again. I'd like to take part, if at all possible.
Thanks!
Aaron Finley
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I got one from him at the start of the week, then e-mailed back to confirm, and haven't heard back.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Here's the text of an e-mail I received a day after contacting him regarding the meeting. Kevin told me he doesn't recall talking to anybody in the wrestling community about his upcoming move, so I question the motives and the legitimacy of such a meeting:

"Mike,

I was not trying to leave you off the list. I know that you are having some personal issues trying to get your alcoholism under control and keep NWI floating. In fact, I was talking to Kevin “dill pickle” Dill and he feels really bad about moving to Colorado and not being part of the whole thing. He really is concerned with the amount of time that he can devote from such a distance to the magazine!

So with your being down this summer, I think that is really going to be a negative for NWI. I am going to be going to most if not all the events this summer and I can put together some articles for you to post that will keep the readers coming back to your magazine. Now I realize that you will want to edit them and such, so I will email them to you and then you can get them up! You will see that I have some great ideas and will cover the summer for ya!

I really respect what you have done with NWI and want to help out as you work through the transition! I only fired back at you a bit after you called me Rome. That guy was an asshole and was very rude to all of the wrestling community! I did not like his personal attacks and what he did to hurt people! I am glad you ran him off!

So you see Mike, I am a friend of Nebraska wrestling! You would not believe the responses that I have gotten from all the coaches that want to see one board united for the good of wrestling in Nebraska. The big question everybody wants to know is who I am. I cannot give out those details, because as you know, this state is so political. Everyone is willing to work with Wrasslin, so my anonymity is really good for our cause right now. I do not have political ties and only want what is best for the kids and the entire state of wrestling!

I still wear one of the NWI t-shirts from a few years back!

Wrasslin"

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
I have been watching all of the "ideas" from wrasslin and have observed the responses as well. Does the email from wrasslin to NWI mean that wrasslin is not welcoming NWI to this meeting? That is what I think his email meant. I would appreciate clarification. Thank you.

Julie Smith
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Julie and others:
I emailed him on I believe Tuesday, and have heard nothing back. As far as I can tell, the email address is legitimate, as I haven't received an "undeliverable message" notice. I'm also not sure why "wrasslin" can't give out his identity now as opposed to allegedly three weeks from now, but oh well. If anybody hears about any meeting taking place, let me know what comes of it, as we (my family) will be leaving for vacation and won't in Lincoln for this "meeting." I'd like to know what comes of it and to learn others' opinions as well.
Thanks!
AF
Rookie
Picture of NEWA
Slverhawk,
Most likely nothing. No one from USA knows of a meeting. I have recieved nothing from him either. So Im guessing no meeting. If there is by some freak of nature I will keep you posted.
As a side note, I would like to meet with you and maybe set something up for the fall. We will be doing a head start program as we did last year. We will also be going to 2 or 3 tournaments as we did last year.
Rusty
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I have talked with a number of people on the "list" from the thread regarding this "meeting" and nobody seems to know the who/what/when of this meeting.

For what it's worth...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Does anybody really care?? This guy is having a ball yanking all your chains....
Varsity Letterman
I hope it is a real deal, because Nebraska really does need this.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Lance Stallion:
I hope it is a real deal, because Nebraska really does need this.

Nebraska is really a lot closer to being united than ever before. The Huskerland tournament was a sanctioned USA event this year. All Huskerland kids bought USA cards ($10). USA had its folkstyle state tournament the day after the Huskerland duals at the same venue in Grand Island. It was a joint venture. Next year all USA events will only require a $10 card (no upgrading to $25). Huskerland has been very helpful this summer funding USA and AAU dual teams.

USA already has 5 directors that cover each part of the state. They are called district directors. There are many other positions on the board also. Go to nebraskausawrestling.org to view all directors. They have an organization of directors that fill all aspects of the wrestling community.

USA is the only organization that covers all 3 styles of wrestling. It also covers all ages...even through adult (open division).

If AAU and USA would join forces and create a state tournament, that would be another big step to being united. We could then use that tournament to determine all dual teams.

Huskerland is a well run tournament that is now USA sanctioned. If they want to continue having Huskerland, that's great. I feel there is a need for that type of tournament. Contributing back to the wrestling community from the funds they generate has been greatly appreciated.

Believe me, we are very close to being united here. If you want a voice, become a USA member and come to the annual meetings. If you want more than that, then run for office, help a dual team, or email us with your ideas.

Starting a whole new board isn't the answer especially when all we have left to do is dot the "I" and cross the "T".....United here we come.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by XOfficial:
Does anybody really care?? This guy is having a ball yanking all your chains....

Glad somebody else figured that out.

Let's see, a guy comes to an internet message board and starts throwing flames and personal attacks at various members, says that freestyle and greco are dead in the State, then suddenly when he thinks others might know who he is, changes his tune and claims to be the one to save wrestling in Nebraska by setting up a "board". Right, like USA, AAU and/or Huskerland are going to cede anything to this "board". Besides, it's been tried and the results were lukewarm at best for just the reason mentioned above. Had this been someone who we actually know and/or respected the tune might be different.

But I for one ain't buying the snake oil.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Rusty,
Shoot me an email:
afinley@lps.org
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
To Wrasslin,

The date you selected doesn't work for me as I will be out of town. Not sure how you came up with the date, but from what I hear, a lot of people can't make it. I would like to hear more about what your goals and aims are for this meeting? How do you intend to get anything done unless you have all the major players there? I look forward to some kind of response.
Novice
Must not have liked my respsonse to Mike. SO you take it off. There were no cursing or anything in it...why delete it?
Varsity Letterman
Mine got deleted and I just said I can't make it on the 4th.