Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    In Season Lifting Programs?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
In Season Lifting Programs? Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Wondering if some coaches or athletes would share what they do for lifting programs in season. I am trying to incorporate both lifting and wrestling in the same time frame. Curious to know days, times, lifts, sets, reps, etc.

You can email me if that's easier than posting here.
ttroxel@esu6.org

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Troxel,
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It cant be done......... Its against nsaa bylaws...... We have tried to implement "maxing out" everyday....... OSHA has mandated that wrestling mats are unsafe within 100 yards of a dumbell........ Wrestlers who lift during season get 'burnt out' more easily and struggle to make weight....... Lifting decreases flexibility and makes wrestlers less successful......

I'll try and type something serious on Wednesday...... Seriously!

Rick Henry

Rookie
We do a lot of circuit training during the season. Twice a week after light conditioning. start the year with 30 sec rotations on weights that can be done easy but still pushes you. We have about 8 rotations that might change every week and we go through it 2-4 times depending on the time of year and how your wrestlers feel.
Rookie
When i was in school we did stations with dips, pullups, pushups etc. Worked really well for the lower weights who were cutting weight but for our bigger kids that weren't cutting weight we would usually do higher rep less weight type of workout and it seemed to work just fine.