Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Millard West results

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Millard West results Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
posted   Report This Post  
I realize the finals results are on Omaha.com, but could somebody post the results of the 3rd and 5th place matches on NWImag also? So many good wrestlers, they all deserve the recognition.
Thanks!

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Motion seconded! Its a disservice to wrestling and to its participants to not fully post or report all results. Media that do not find it necessary do not deserve to receive any, however its more likely they will report all that is given them. This high profile event deserves better reporting than so far seen.

Looks like somebody is plugging them in as we speak/type.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Thank you!
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
The problem is that it takes so much time to type this stuff into the computer. If you ask me, the hosting team should just do it as a courtesy. However, a lot of these places don't care and certainly don't want to spend the time at the keyboard.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Maybe the NSAA should make it a requirement for the host team to submit results to the required media outletes.

Or would that make too much sense?

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
When you think about, especially at district seeding meetings, there really is no actual proof since NSAA does not require it. At least if results reporting were mandatory to the free results page on NWI, NSAA wouldn't have to do it, and there would be a form of proof that matches actually occurred.

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Too much time? If you're spending all day at a tournament, what's another half hour, especially if it gives the sport and your team coverage? I'm busy too (teaching, new baby, five year old, other family stuff) but I just consider posting results part of my job as a coach. I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but my suggestion would be to consider posting/providing results a part of the coaching assignment. Only my very humble opinion.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Preachin to the choir, my friend. I don't think many tournament sites see it the same way you do. And if they have that blistering 5 wpm keyboarding skill, then that half hour really becomes a half day. Now, I do believe that if someone from each tournament could fax the results or send them via email to Mike or someone with 100 + wpm keyboarding....then you would get a lot more results. I know that Mike probably leads the keyboarding pack with 110 + wpm....but that is a real conservative guess.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
And if Mike had nothing else to do with his life, he'd be more than happy to spend the entire weekend typing in all those results.

When I was at Norfolk, I literally spent an entire morning busting out results of 8-10 tournaments...my wrists were REALLY sore by the end of that day.

This is why we have the results entry system in place on NWI...so nobody has to type in TEN tournaments a weekend. But this makes way too much sense for some, obvioiusly...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Picture of BEAST
103: 1. Clayden McKim, Millard South, won by decision over Zach Fronce, Ralston, 10-4.
103: 3. Louie Rambour, Columbus, pinned Jacob Besch, Westside, 3:54.
103: 5. Isaiah Aguilar, Grand Island, won by decision over Ben Peterson, Lincoln East, 10-9.

112: 1. Joel Torpy, Millard South, won by decision over Mike Craven, Omaha North, 5-2.
112: 3. Kenny Guerra, Grand Island, pinned Noah Dwornicki, Ralston, 5:13.
112: 5. Tim Marti, Lincoln East, pinned Willie White, Omaha Benson, 2:41.

119: 1. Drew Etherton, Lincoln East, won by decision over Jae Torpy, Millard South, 10-7.
119: 3. Sam Vice, Omaha South, pinned Kurt Roets, Grand Island, 0:23.
119: 5. Terrell McKinney, Omaha North, won by decision over Josh Heinke, Millard North, 15-9.

125: 1. Trenton Washington, Omaha North, won by decision over Kellen McKim, Millard South, 7-4.
125: 3. Tony Balletta, Papillion/La Vista, won by injury default over Josh Heiliger, Lincoln East, .
125: 5. Nate Roe, Grand Island, won by decision over Devin Harris, Columbus, 4-3.