Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Kaufman-Brand Results

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Kaufman-Brand Results Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Report This Post  
<hiptoss>
Great tournament!
<mr. anonymous>
Mike,
thanks for entering the results of the tourney. I thought I could rely on the WH but I should have known better!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
...in defense of Craig, the tournament didn't get over until 10:15, and it was at least 10:30 before we got results. His deadline was 10:30, so the fact that he got ANYTHING in before deadline is a testament to his talent.
<Knows More>
I am sure you could do a better job than the OWH. Right?

What's your credentials? Put up or shut up!
<Guest>
I didn't see any pre tourney articles in the OWH either. Although I think Sesker has improved the wrestling coverage 200%, there is a ways to go. If the OWH had time to print the open results they certainly had time to print the 20 under results. I agree with Mr. A on this one.
Rookie
AIM: Online Status For pintowin2
There was an article, however, it simply doesn't do justice to the tournament
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=924280
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Something you don't understand is that there are limits being placed on Craig that, as a result, limits what he can get in the paper.

First off was the time factor. That meet didn't get over until almost 10:30, which is his deadline. I type 95 words a minute...and I would have been pressed like hell to get a coherent 15-inch story PLUS championship results in the open division in that short a time.

There is also the space allotment, a decision that is made back at the office that Craig has little, if any, input on. He is basically told how much space he has, and it's his job to provide enough copy to fill that hole. As a result he has to find a key element to the story and lead with that, then follow with what he can to fill out the story.

You should also know that, for all the progress Craig has made in getting wrestling more ink in the OWH, there is still an overwhelming anti-wrestling mentality within the sports department, from the head man on down. Craig has done a super job with what he's been allowed to work with, but there is still a long way to go before the World-Herald's sports department gets it right.

In essence, don't beat up the messenger. He's doing as good a job as he can under the circumstances. You will see some of his work on NWI this year, though...and he'll get more than 15 inches to work with.
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
I've been busy since getting back and was unable to post on here. Got to say we had a good time, met some great people (Hiario's mom gets into the matches), and saw some great matches, BUT I will say UNO needs to rethink the seating arangements at this. It was terrible. Stood for over half of the tournament. When you pay to get in you expect some type of seating. Maybe this should be moved to the new arena? Won't happen because of cost. All in all we had a great day, didn't like the drive home, and we will keep coming back because of the wrestling. Good luck to all for the season.