Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Jake Cardenas

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Jake Cardenas Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Jake Cardenas loses to Fiala in the semi's... question now becomes is Jake Cardenas the best wrestler never to make the finals? This kid is a stud, it always seems that he has something going on either with brackets or injuries. His Freshman year he was dealing with an ankle problem in the Semi's and ended up 5th... His sophomore year he Defaulted out because of his health... his Junior year he drew Mohr in the Semi's and got 3rd.. this year he draws Fiala in the Semi's and looks to get third at best... is this kid overrated, or is he one of the best to never to compete in the finals match? Opinions thoughts, etc?
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I have no idea if its true or not but I will tell you this I would be damn proud if my son carried the moniker "best ever to never have wrestled in a final".
Rookie
Jake is tough competier, but I still have to give the edge and the award for the best wrestler to never see the finals to Tony Valdez. 3 thirds place finishes. I believe a wrestler by the way of Mat Vacanti stood in his way.
Rookie
Tim Crocker is also in the the running 3 straight losses in the Semi Finals amazing!
Junior High
Yeah it was a tough road, Vacanti beat him in the semis one year, Scheer from C-Bus beat him in the Qtrs another. 1st time he got pinned in the 1st round and battled all the way back. The thing is with Valdez is he was never expected to make the finals, at least not with Vacanti and Scheer in his bracket. This certainly doesn't take away from his accomplishments. It does go to show you that sometimes the bracket system is flawed. Essay/Cottle should've been the finals match this year, same with Coleman/Bohnet (sp). There are a couple matches every year where we saw, 'Dangit, that would make a sweet finals match'.
Rookie
What happened to him today?
Rookie
why did jake not finish out his final matches? did he lose interest after not getting a shot at the state title or did he get injured?
Rookie
Picture of Loper
heard he sprained his ankle, but that is just heresay

"Show me a man that is thoroughly satisfied and I'll show you a failure."
Rookie
This might change the subject a little bit, but can I get some opinions on the best wrestler to never win a title. That includes making the finals. Jared Gable and Tony Valdez are the big ones that come to mind.
Rookie
it may be just rumors but i heard it was his shoulder
Rookie
Lets change it to the best wrestler not to show up for wrestlebacks! Low class if he was not hurt and I doubt he was.
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
He had to have been hurt pretty bad to not even come to the medal stand and recieve his medal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ndb65,

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
Novice
Picture of 3/4 Nelson
Cut the kid some slack until you KNOW what the issue is. Pretty tough to call a guy out off of speculation. I recall one certain guy some time back who did that 2 years in a row when he lost in the winner's bracket with no injuries.

"Defeat is not getting back up"
Rookie
quote:
is this kid overrated, or is he one of the best to never to compete in the finals match? Opinions thoughts, etc?

Overrated, he probably isn't the best kid at Skutt or MS to not win a title. Not to bag on the kid, but I have have watched all of the local schools over the years. He could be dominating at times, but also wrestled many average matches. Had a good deal of talent, but never was conditioned very well. If pin didn't come early, he struggled.
Rookie
I sat by skutt fans in those green shirts (funny). They were wating for him at weigh-ins. They said he was a no show and even coaches and other wrestlers did not know where he was all day.