Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    EIGHT GRADERS
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
EIGHT GRADERS Login/Join

<Guest>
posted   Report This Post  
WHO ARE SOME OF THE GOOD EIGHT GRADE WRESTLERS THIS YEAR?
<Beadle>
Without a doubt!

"it's in his blood"
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Justin Allen from Plattsmouth.

Alex Masilko from Lincoln.
<Guest>
TONY BALLETTA AND BLAKE DINGMAN FROM LA VISTA AND KYLE FOOTE.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
For eighth graders, Ian Starkle could turn some heads, strong fast kid that doesn't give up. Then we have a fairly good sevenh grade squad coming up. A second year kid that had a good first year last year for a starter, Eilis (can't think of his last name though). And then there is Robbie Johnson, he's a little guy with a lot of talent and speed. Ummmm who else (I'm doinf this off the top of my head from last year). Marty Mandle, this kid is biult for his size, knows quite a few moves as well. Then my brother Michael Wurdinger, he's around 200 pounds. Not too bad of a wrestler, had to wrestle up a grade at a lot of tournaments in the youth group, pretty mobile for a big guy and doesnt give up. Thats about all I can think of right now, if I forgot any one I apologize, I forget names after awhile(happens when you get old Wink).

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Sean Trampe & Derek Leth will lead Ord junior high along with Braden Orent, all in lighter weights.
Rookie
I would think Matt Maresh will be tough to beat this year from Central City. He will be in the lighter weights. Central has been building their younger program over the last several years. A lot of strong kids will be coming up. Matt Bolling (past state champion)is the Jr. High coach. He has done a great job with these kids.
<NC Fan>
Austin Hergott, Landon Hergott -- Norfolk Catholic
<NC Fan 2>
Zach Adams from Norfolk Catholic is a tough little guy. Probably weighs about 90 lbs.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
Are they Caleb Mitchell's little brothers?
<NC Fan>
Yes, Austin and Landon Hergott are Caleb Mitchel's little brothers. Austing weighs around 135 and Landon weighs around 145.
<Guest>
Are there any other good 8th graders that will be in a class A school next year?
<Guest>
How about to clear up the best 8th graders that will be going to all the different schools do a, Class A1-10,B1-10,C1-10,D1-10

Feel Free to do 1-15, 1-20 etc...
Novice
Russell Ferdig - Plattsmouth (B)
Quinton Cottle - Arlington
Jake Cardenas - Exploradories Gross (B)
Mike Williams - Conestoga (C)
Chris Meredith - Nebraska City (B)
Carson Hemman - Amherst (C or D)
Tim Chavez - KWAA Millard (A)
These are some pretty tough guys. Cottle has to be considered pretty close to the top freshman next year with Jake Cardenas, Alex Masilko, Chris Meredith, Justin Allen, Mike Williams and I'm sure many big guys as the next 29. Last years 8th grade class was loaded with talent. This year there a little of a fall off. But many of the top guys should dominate most of the season.
<*JV*m.a.>
An awesome kid to watch out for from Kearney is Grahm Talbitzer(not sure on the spelling) I watched him last night at the invite and was highly impressed. I hope that someone else can have the joy of watching him some time!
<Guest>
Chris Meredith

Chris Meredith is a very good wrestler and has continued to improve and goes to very many off season tournaments, that kid is goin to go far
Junior Varsity
Thanks for the comment Bluedevil. However, Q wants you know that his name is spelled with all I's. QUINTIN. Razz

What is Justin weighing now? I heard you have been doing a little traveling for practice. Is this just rumor?
<Guest>
im not sure what grade but what about Bruce Zurek
Brad's little brother....and didn't matt maresh like pin sean trampe like 3 times last year i remember hearing something about that
<Augie>
I don't remember wrestling matthew maresh last year...sorry guest

-Sean Trampe
Novice
Looks like it should be a great year. Hope Quintin and Zach are doing well. Jus is weigh-in at about 110 and is looking forward to see you guys. We started wrestling after football about a month ago. Hope to see you guys at Metro.