Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Must see for referees

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Must see for referees Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
Every official should view this film, which takes about an hour. It was prepared by NCAA so all rules would not be interpretted the same as in high school. But every high school official can benefit by the constant emphasis on patience. He also commends a referee who made a call too soon but waived the call off as soon as he realized that it was wrong. He also uses a makeshift protractor to show the near fall situaation. Too many officials start to the count while they are on their feet and cannot see the shoulders.

A week or so ago someone on open forum posted that all wrestlers in a given round in a tournament must wear identical
uniforms. High schools don't have that rule, but NCAA does have that rule and teams must also wear identical warm ups in the pre-match warm ups. This was new to me.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ncaa/w...o/2010-11/rules.html
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thanks Frank, They really hit some great points there. I liked the near fall and the starting positions. I also liked them saying over and over attempting to return the wrestler to the mat.