Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Interesting recruit

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Interesting recruit Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Jordan Burroughs mentions this kid by name in his post national championship inteview. I guess Nebraska is one of the finalist to sign this kid. He just won his forth state title in New Jersey. Finished with a final record 175-1. Pinned in the finals in 47 seconds. Kids name is Andrew Campolattano. Here is a video of his state final match

http://highschoolsports.nj.com...-state-championship/
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Wow...but the kid he pinned had FIVE SECONDS from the time he hit the mat to when the ref saw the pin, and he didn't even move.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Wait a minute, how come the crowd isn't booing him for poor sportsmanship?!? He's obviously showing up his opponent! bancha

On a more serious note, I think Campolattano reneged on his RU football commit a weekish ago. There is a feeding frenzy after him obviously. There's a 4 page thread on themat.com if you want to follow along (on page 4 of the 'college wrestling' forum).
Junior High
Man, Nebraska's upper weights could look sweet if Camp commits. It certainly helps that NU can give him a full ride (although I'm not privy to other schools scholly numbers, I'm just assuming PSU is tapped out). I do agree with other posters on themat that if he's looking for the best mix of wrestling, close to home, and academics he should go to American.
Novice
Maybe he will go to UNO and be UNO's first Division I National Champ!! (After a red-shirt year and sitting out his Freshman through junior year due to the moratorium)

World Champion
Picture of HB
No surprise-John Meeks of Des Moines committed to Nebraska. One of the top juniors in the country. I think his brother Blake is a backup for NU.
Rookie
Picture of warria_189
Camp committed to Rutgers wrestling, I thought??

Warrior: an image symbolizing one aspect of a great force, that if handeled properly, can win you many battles, but if neglected, can rise up and be your nemesis
-Bruce Lee
Junior High
He backed off his RU football commit.
Rookie
Picture of warria_189
Not his football, i read an article that said that he was going to wrestle for Rutgers?

Warrior: an image symbolizing one aspect of a great force, that if handeled properly, can win you many battles, but if neglected, can rise up and be your nemesis
-Bruce Lee
Junior High
Source?

Everything I've read has him taking visits to VT, Nebraska, tOSU, BU, PSU, and possibly a few others. I'm not sure Rutgers is even still in the mix wrestling-wise.
Rookie
Picture of warria_189
http://www.nj.com/hssports/blo...stle_in_college.html

But it seems that I misread this article. He is a new recruit.

-Bruce Lee