Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    All-Star Duals at Bridgeport

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
All-Star Duals at Bridgeport Login/Join

<shrug>
posted   Report This Post  
Anyone at Bridgeport with a computer? Whats happened so far?
<Guest>
A better question might be, Is there anyone in Bridgeport?

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Kyle would have wanted them to wrestle.
<NWI on the road...>
Complete with results. Disregard the headline...it was a weird afternoon trying to get the story up on the web.
<Guest>
Fast start helps East win All-Star Classic

By MICHAEL J. CARNES
NWI E-Publisher

your main page on your magazine says that the east won.
World Champion
Picture of NWI

any reason why dennis dekay from omaha burke didn't wrestle? i saw he was on he roster for the dual.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
<Guest>
the west WON!!! it was like 14 to 11. a lot of good matches were held. both kinnans won! there were some upsets. webster farris from neb. city lost so did jordan holman from lexington. josh paisly(aurora) def. ellenberger, yah know that is #1 in class B beating #1 in class A. i have always thought that B was tougher!
Anyways, it was a long time since the west had won, and they did it this year!! nice job boys!
<Tough-man>
better. you cant rely on one match. Beside if I am not mistaken ellenberger and paisley are 1-1. Rutledge beat hayek?? Uh oh now A is better. Ayala also beat nelson this year. There you have it.
<mustang wrestler>
Does anyone have a complete list of the final results? If so, please post them.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Story on the dual with complete results available there.

Nebraska Wrestling Illustrated
Rookie
I am Josh's dad and I am proud that he was selected to participate in this event and pleased with the outcome of the match. Having said that I want to also state that I have the utmost respect for Joe Ellenberger and his abilities, he lays it on the line each time out. The outcome of any single match certainly cannot determine that one class is better than another or even that one wrestler is better than another only that one was better in this match. Both of these men have worked very hard to get to the level that they are at today and will have even more hard work at their next level of competition. I hope we will all have the opportunity to cheer each of them on in college and forget this which class or wrestler is better bickering.

Well put one up.

RR
<Casual Fan>
We were honored to have served as one of the host families for three of the east wrestlers. A couple of neighbors also hosted wrestlers from both teams. What a great group of young men- very polite, articulate, fun.. for those of you who were not able to make the duals, you missed some great matches among some really fine wrestlers. True, not all of the best can make the trip due to work, baseball, or other reasons, those who wrestled were in good condition and really put on a great show. We all realize that it's a long way to Bridgeport for the wrestlers, their families, freinds, and coaches. For that, we apologize. Remember, I-80 also has an eastbound lane that we drive every year to the state meet. Thanks to all who attended from the people in Bridgeport and from the wrestlers who gave it their best shot last Saturday.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Let me tell you - being a lifelong Nebraska boy who has lived in darn near every part of the state, I can tell you that what western Nebraska lacks in population and the combination of asphault, concrete and steel, it more than makes up for in scenery, serenity and hard-working, honest folk.

Being a guy that's grown up in and around the bigger towns, I don't know that I could make a life out of living out in that part of the state, but I had a wonderful time driving the 450 miles (darn near) from the Omaha area to Bridgeport.

Forget all the big-city stuff and all the tourist traps and high-priced-gas rest areas (the gas station on the north side of the Aurora exit gouges their price about 30 cents higher than it is in town, FYI). Take in the prairie and the rolling hills and bluffs jutting out from all over and appreciate this beautiful scenery that has yet to be scarred by human consumption. It's a great place to go to forget about the frantic city life, and I'm looking forward to heading back out to Bridgeport again next year.

That is...if I remember the road we took to get out there. The ground squirrels already ate my bread crumbs...