Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Congrats Jordan Burroughs - Nebraska's first two-timer

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Congrats Jordan Burroughs - Nebraska's first two-timer Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Report This Post  
Dominating performance tonight...tremendous!!!

Great way to finish a career, Jordan - congrats!!!

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
As I have nothing to do on this Sunday morning I open the journal star this morning and Burroughs doesn't even get the head line in the main paper. That is pretty sad to say especially When the the kid is the first two time national champ in Nebraska history. Although I am a huge football fan How does an article about Barnes cotton get the main story? This is just a little rant on this early morning and congratulations to Jordan.
Rookie
Picture of kraut
Agreed on the dominating performance. He was never challenged throughout the whole tournament. Is this the same Jounal Star that made no mention of the breaking news about the UNO fiasco as well? Very few realize the sacrifices it takes to attain this level of athletic accomplishment, including the JS and Trev Alberts.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
In my opinion, Jordan is the type of wrestler the sport needs. Very exciting to watch! Reminding me of the days of Bryan Snyder -- who was my favorite wrestler to watch -- ever.

Great to see someone like that be rewarded. The way the two NCAA finals for Bryan Snyder went down -- really sat wrong with me -- and still does. He was the best wrestler both times and was not rewarded.

This type of wrestling would bring in fans that may not know a lot about the sport. If you watch Jordan Burroughs, there is going to be a lot of action.

My comparison would be to Jake Varner, who I complained about last year. Varner's style of wrestling is going to drive the casual fan off, again -- my opinion. The casual fan doesn't want to see long periods of defensive wrestling.

To me, I would like to see something that favors Burrough's style over Varner's style. Perhaps a time clock where someone has to try a move, perhaps penalizing for going out of bounds. Something to favor action over defensive posturing.
State Qualifier
Neat behind the scene quick 2 minute chat with Burroughs and Flowrestling. Great attitude. Great wrestler. He will go freestyle at 163 next month at US Nationals. JB can be a fantastic freestyler.

http://www.flowrestling.org/co...-Burroughs-Dominates
Novice
Agree goblin,

I think that most of the matches in the finals this year were pretty good.