Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Paulson's will bring a lot to Nebraska

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Paulson's will bring a lot to Nebraska Login/Join

Junior Varsity
posted   Report This Post  
This is a huge pick up I think both of these guys are top three on the USA team ladder. Both were hard nosed great conditioned wrestlers for ISU with what a NCAA championship plus multiple AA honors. Hope they stick around for a few years will make a huge difference for Burroughs.
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Why cant they get a guy in there to work with Craig Brester.He is probably our best shot at a title, without Paul on the team, but basically they tag team on him with Levi,Greenfield, and Easland which though it might work for conditioning, will not give him that little push he needs to get over the hump.Has Manning burned bridges with Vering, or why cant he be helping Craig rather than Mark Cody(I realize they are very close freinds), getting him out to American University to coach Josh Glenn the last couple years. The Clones have Backes,Missouri has Ben Askren,etc. We need a Brad Vering, or B.J. Padden,(who I know would have come last year had he been paid at least travel expences) to work with Craig.What am I missing here? Tucker Lane is probably good enough to beat on Craig a bit at times, but cant have the quickness/funk needed to simulate what Craig will face in Hudson Taylor, or the defense Varner uses to win matches,and if Cael and Backes ever teach Varner any offense it will be even tougher.Discuss.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: panther,
Junior Varsity
Can't argue with you in not having a good big man for Brester definitely would be a huge help for the guy. Vering did put Glenn over the top at American that is for sure.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
State Qualifier
Curt Backes made the move from Ames to Columbia, and so now Askren will not only have his brother Ben as a coach, but Backes as well.Varner also gets to work out with Cael every day.We need a big coach/grad assistant.We also lost Sigman to the Clones.