Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    2008-2009 Undefeated Wrestlers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
2008-2009 Undefeated Wrestlers Login/Join

Junior Varsity
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Done

LG
Junior Varsity
From my research, I don't believe Scott Moody, Fairbury, 119 has lost.

LG
Novice
Picture of BulldogDad
quote:
Originally posted by stormfan:
Corbey Grause beat Doug Daro 3-2 at the Boone Central Invite to give Daro his first loss.

Daro & Alexander from Plainview (I believe the match with Coufal was 3-5)
Junior Varsity
Plainview Invite

152-
1. Derek Coufal, How (26-0) dec. Caden Alexander, Plv (28-1) 5-3

Thanks You BroncoDad!

LG
Junior Varsity
135A - Dwornicki, Ralston forfeited to Matt Katusin at the RCC Duals. Otherwise he went 4-0.

I was told he was beaten last week during the tournament. However, I have not confirmed that. Needless to say, the forfeit to Katusin was greatly disappointing.

Maybe it was matter of seeding for next weeks districts. Who knows, all I know is he chose not to step on the mat and battle it out with Matt Katusin.

LG
Junior Varsity
119B - Scott Moody, Fairbury

Lost to Denny from Aurora and Drevo from Crete.

Thanks Chad,

LG
Rookie
Katusin only received two matches today. Roncalli and South SC where the only schools that chose to go against him. Ralston, Beatrice, & Gross chose to avoid wrestling him. Those three schools all had kids at 135. I guess it is all about preserving your record. I know I am old school, but you are not teaching kids a very valuable lesson in life when you chose to avoid the tough competition.
Novice
Dwornicki lost last week at the Roncalli Invite in the finals to a kid from Iowa
Rookie
Tight Waste,
Noah wasn't avoiding anyone at the RCC Tournament. I know for a fact that isn't what Coach Fink teaches his wrestlers, he was just making sure Dwornicki was 100% for districts and state because he has been having problems with his shoulder and knee.
Novice
Did dwornicki wrestle at all on Saturday? if so, why wrestle some and choose not to wrestle only Katusin? If the kid really needed rest for state and districts you would think he would have sat out the entire weekend.
Rookie
Noah did wrestle twice on Saturday. You make a good point letsgo but it isn't about preserving a perfect record which was taken away from him by a kid from Sioux City East last week at Roncalli which was when he got hurt. I was told he only did conditioning at practice the entire last week. Maybe they figured there was a greater chance to worsen the injury wrestling Katusin, I don't know.
Junior Varsity
It is all about seeding for Districts. If Noah wrestles Katusin and loses then he has the 1st criteria in districting seeding, "Head to Head" already against him.

I'm pretty confident the coaches did not want to jeapordize him getting a #4 seed at the B-2 Districts. That puts him against Katusin in the Semi's. Then, no matter the outcome, one of those two wrestlers gets no better than third at Districts and is wrestling a much tougher schedule at state.

I agree, if he was hurt and the coachs wanted him to be healthy for the remainder of the season. Then he should of set out the entire Tournament. Not pick and choose who he wants to wreslte. That is not teaching him anything in the long run.

LG
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Let's Grapple:
It is all about seeding for Districts. If Noah wrestles Katusin and loses then he has the 1st criteria in districting seeding, "Head to Head" already against him.

I'm pretty confident the coaches did not want to jeapordize him getting a #4 seed at the B-2 Districts. That puts him against Katusin in the Semi's. Then, no matter the outcome, one of those two wrestlers gets no better than third at Districts and is wrestling a much tougher schedule at state.

I agree, if he was hurt and the coachs wanted him to be healthy for the remainder of the season. Then he should of set out the entire Tournament. Not pick and choose who he wants to wreslte. That is not teaching him anything in the long run.

LG

Isnt Ralston in Class A? Were talking about Dwornicki from Ralston right. None of that should matter.
Junior Varsity
Yep, you're completely right. I got Roncalli and Ralston mixed up when looking at the abbreviations. That is definitely a mistake on my part.

I guess he just didn't want to wrestle. Too bad for Katusin. A little mat time after all the hard practice would of been nice.

LG
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Let's Grapple:
Yep, you're completely right. I got Roncalli and Ralston mixed up when looking at the abbreviations. That is definitely a mistake on my part.

I guess he just didn't want to wrestle. Too bad for Katusin. A little mat time after all the hard practice would of been nice.

LG

I doubt it was the kid, pretty lame of the coaches though.
State Qualifier
40 undefeated wrestlers going into districts. I can't remember from previous years. Is this about average? It seems kind of high to me.
Novice
Picture of starwrestler
lets grapple,

haven't talked to you in awhile, what is Q up to these days? Seems like yesterday we were in Danville!
Novice
LG,
I believe D. Vogel is the only Skutt wrestler on this list and given their scehdule, thats amazing. How many wrestlers has Skutt had go through the season undefeated?
Novice
Picture of BulldogDad
Alexander/Plainview avenged his loss to Coufal/Howells 2-1 in the Plainview invite.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BulldogDad,
Junior Varsity
Good Morning Letsgo,

I'm thinking that you are referring to previous seasons when going undefeated.

That being the case. First, Derek has wrestled an absolutely incredible season. He is wrestling at such a high level right now that it is impressive to watch. He is determined and focused on one goal. Just like all the other wrestlers in the state.

As for undefeated wrestlers from Skutt. I believe you have to go back to 2002. I think Todd Meneely and Steve Conlin went undefeated that year.

It is a pretty difficult feat to accomplish at Skutt.

LG