Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Chadron High Wrestling Coach Resigns

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Chadron High Wrestling Coach Resigns Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
posted   Report This Post  
Here's the story from www.chadrad.com:

Chadron High School Wrestling Coach Resigns

By: Dennis and Kathi Brown Posted at: 01/11/2007 03:33 PM

(Chadron)--Chadron High School wrestling coach Vic Bradley and his assistant have resigned as team coaches effective immediately following an incident at last Saturday's wrestling meet in Scottsbluff.

According to school officials the resignation has not been accepted by the school board yet, but will be acted on at Monday's meeting.

Bob and John Cogdill will coach the team for the remainder of the season.

Bradley is a veteran coach with over 21 years in the coaching field. He will continue to teach at Chadron High School.

I don't know first hand the details of the incident(I'm sure someone who was there that visits this site can offer that). What I do know is that Jon and Bill Cogdill can improve the program. Both of them have been heavily involved in the kids program, and Jon was an assistant at the high school for about 9 years or so....that's why I'm confident that they can take the program in the right direction...hopefully back to where my old man built it up to in the 70's and 80's....it's just going to take some time. I wish Jon, Bill, and the Cardinal program the best!

John Kant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Radio Man,
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
So what happened ?

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Please realize that this is second or third hand information...What I was told was that Vic(the head coach) played a prank on one of his assistants by puting a sign on his back (like the "kick me" signs we use to put on people when we were kids), only this sign evidentally made reference to his manhood(trying to be p.c. here). Anyway, it evidentally took over an hour for the assistant to discover it or before someone pointed it out to him, and he wasn't at all happy about it and raised serious hell about it, which led to the firing, or resignation. Knowing Vic what little I do, I'm sure it was intended as a harmless prank....but times have changed and you just can't do that kind of thing in this ligitation-happy world anymore. Again, I was not there, so I have no way of knowing how accurate this information is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Radio Man,
Junior High
Stinks that Chadron is without a couple coaches but that was a serious case of 'turning off the brain'.
Rookie
If the sign was that offesive, I agree the coach shouldn't have put it on him, but shouldn't one of the wrestlers or a fan told him before an hour or so!!!
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
what was the coachs name?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Vic Bradley
Novice
Picture of cubbie
FROM SOME OF THE INFOMATION THAT I HAVE IS THAT THE SIGN WAS PLACED ON THE BACK IN THE COACHES ROOM AND WAS TAKEN OFF BEFORE THEY LEFT THE COACHES ROOM. I WAS TOLD THAT SOME OF THE PARENTS ARE GOING TO THE SCHOOL BOARD MEETING ON 1-15-07 TO SEE IF THEY CAN GET VIC BACK ON AS A COACH TO HELP WITH SOME OF THE PAPER WORK THAT DEALS WITH THE WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PLAN, THE NEW COACHES HAVE HAD NO TRAINING IN THIS AREA. GOOD LUCK TO THE CHADRON WRESTLING PROGRAM.