Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Another Wrestling tradegy
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Another Wrestling tradegy Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
The assistant wrestling coach for Aurora, Jim Farrand, passed away last night from a heart attack. Our condolences go out to Jim's family, the Aurora wrestlers, fellow coaches, and the Aurora community.

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
That is absolutely terrible. Coach Farrand was someone that highly recognizable at every tournament he went to. My condolences to the family, friends and especially Coach Wofford and his team during these darkest of times.
<Guest>
As an Aurora alumn, I can say that the man is truly a great guy. I couldn't do both and chose basketball over wrestling so he didn't coach me in wrestling, however he did coach me in track. Really neat person and my thoughts go out to his family and everyone else affected. I know he will be still giving that extra bit of positive energy from upstairs when the guys take the mat Friday.
<Trampe>
I have always considered Jim a good friend and fellow coach. This is terrible news for both the wrestling and track communities. It seems almost unbelievable that something like this could happen to such a great person. My condolence to the family and friends of Jim. I know that I will miss him a great deal and may God bring comfort to his family. Coach Wofford we will be keeping you, your team, and Jim's family in our prayers. I am so sorry for you guys.

Derry Trampe
Ord High School
Junior High
Picture of bluehawk
I had just talked to Jim this Saturday at Central 10, as I did every time I saw him. He was a great person and will be sorely missed. Our prayer are with his family, Aurora's wrestling team, and the community of Aurora.

Coach Brand
Hastings St. Cecilia
<devilman>
quote:
Originally posted by aloc54:
The assistant wrestling coach for Aurora, Jim Farrand, passed away last night from a heart attack. Our condolences go out to Jim's family, the Aurora wrestlers, fellow coaches, and the Aurora community.

Holy cow!!!??? This is truly a sad day. I wish there were more that I could do or say, unfortunatly all I can do is offer my condolences on behalf of all wrestling fans.
<woff>
Wow, That about all I can say. Coach Farrand was an incredible man. We have been together for the last 19 years. We were together last night at club practice till about 9:00, he passed away a short time after that. Words cant describe the mans dedication to the sport or program. He will be truely missed these next few weeks as we prepare for the state tournament. We have a quote out of the Bible we have used for a team motto for the year, It comes from Mark 9:23 which says Everything is possible for him who believes. Jim believed in this team, and put his time and energy into his job making these young men better people on and off the mat. It sad for us here on this earth, but I believe Jim is in a whole lot better place then you and I. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Wrestling is an awesome sport, and the power of its family is helpful. Woff
Rookie
Picture of The Fighting Squirrel
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
at medicine valley we had his son jamie helping us as a volunteer coach. we got to know his dad really well. i know that i speak for all of us at med valley when i say that our thoughts and prayers go out to the Ferrand family.

Earl Mortensen Wink
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Thoughts, prayers, condolences, and greatest sympathies go out to the family and close friends of Coach Farrand. He will be missed! From the BDD team.

Rick Henry

<Brad Hildebrandt>
Woff,

I am so sorry for the Farrand family, you, your team and the community of Aurora. I always enjoyed talking to Jim and seeing him at wrestling and track events. He will be greatly missed. I know you will be busy but I will try to ring you tonight. My prayers are with you and talk to you soon.

Brad
Novice
Picture of phatjo23
My thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Woff and the team and also to the family. This is truly a tragic situation.

P.J. Smith
Fairbury Head Coach
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
Woof said it best. Coach Farrand is in a better place now. I am sure he will be missed not only as a coach but also as a teacher(I heard him present at a middle level academy, what a great guy). Our Prayers are with the entire Aurora community.

Norris Wrestling and Coaches
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
Our prayers and condolences go out to the Ferrand family. God be with you.
<tk>
Coach Ferrand family, Coach Wofford, Aurora wrestling team, all Aurora students and faculty, community of Aurora, we send our sympathies, prayers and condolences at this very sad time. I just met Coach Ferrand personally for the first time last Saturday.

Ted & Judy, Dru & Devon Kastler
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
What a tragedy! Our deepest sympathy and prayers to all those in Aurora touched by Jim's life. He was a great man and a true role model for all of us.

Millard South Coaches and wrestlers
<gocke>
Aurora coaches, wrestlers, students and fans. I am so sorry for your loss. The news struck me like a thunderbolt this morning. Jim was a great person. It's sad to think about all of the young people whose lives won't be touched Jim. My best to his family, his wife, young boys and 2 older children.
Rookie
Picture of Farmer Burns
was truly a quality individual. I had the pleasure of talking with him at athletic contests and educational conferences over the past 15 years. He never failed to mention something about the kids he was working with. It was always positive. Those who had the opportunity to meet and know this man are better off for it. Thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to all who are affected by this loss.

Mark Smith

"You think your better than me?" DeNiro
<Guest>
My deepest sympathy to Jim's family, friends and the Aurora community. You have all lost a wonderful coach and person. May you all find strength and comfort in the Lord during this unfortunate circumstance.
<m&m'smom>
Words cannot express what this man, and this team, and this school, and this community has meant to my boys.

Coach Ferrand, we will miss you. The lessons you've taught and the character you've instilled in many young men stand as a tribute to your life's passion and ernest dedication.

Your achievements are numbered far beyond sports and grueling competitions. Coach Ferrand, you built men. Responsible men. Honest men. Men of good character and tender hearts.

Thank-you, Coach Ferrand. May God give you and those you love great peace.
Rookie
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the Aurora Community. We hope you feel the love and support from the Nebraska wrestling community.