Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    ploattsmouth/milliard noth dual tues
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
ploattsmouth/milliard noth dual tues Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
can milliard noth hang with plattsmouth?
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
can milliard noth hang with plattsmouth?

Can Millard North hang out with Plattsmouth at the local mall? Maybe.

Can Millard North hand with Plattsmouth on the wrestling mat? No.

Bashus and Jeffries at 135 and Browne and Kelpe at 215 should be outstanding matches.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
Picture of BEAST
Is the dual in Plattsmouth or at Millard North.
Rookie
its at milliard north
Rookie
Picture of BEAST
thank you, it will be a good one to watch.
Junior Varsity
I wouldn't look to hard for a match between Jefferies and Bashus.

I see no reason for Jefferies to move up a weight class when he has a more than quality opponent to wrestle at 130 with Justin Allen holding that position.

I look for Erik Vance, Millard North to wrestle Chad Bashus at 135.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

Good Luck Gentleman,

LG
Rookie
You're wrong Grapple, Jeffries is wrestling at 135 against Bashus.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by vonnegut:
You're wrong Grapple, Jeffries is wrestling at 135 against Bashus.

Not a good move....Bashus will defeat Jefferies
Junior Varsity
Well, if Jefferies does wrestle Bashus it won't be the right move in my humble opinion.

Not sure what happened in the Jefferies vs. Salcedo match last weekend. I do know that Salcedo won. Bashus brings to the table two key elements.

Unparalleled strength and the tenacity of a Pit Bull. The only thing I have ever seen in Bashus that could be determined as a weakness, is conditioning. However, at this present point in time, that will not be the case. Chad will fire one bullet after another for the entire 6 minutes.

Here is my breakdown of how the Team points could go. Feel free to chop it up.

130 - Matt Jefferies Dec Justin Allen MN 3 - P 0
135 - Chad Bashus Maj Dec Erik Vance MN 3 - P 4
Millard North stays within 1 Team Point, with two of Plattsmouths Heavy Hitters finished.

130 - Justin Allen Dec Erik Vance MN 0 - P 3
135 - Chad Bashus Dec Matt Jefferies MN 0 - P 6
Millard North falls behind 6 Team Points.

The one really BIG Caveat to this whole issue is this. Matt Jefferies has been seeking the toughest competition all year. Right now he is doing what it takes to become the wrestler that will stand on top of the podium at the end of the year. He is definitely wrestling the best that he ever has. I feel that he has taken it to a new level this year and I look for him to be there in the end.

Good Luck tonight to all the wrestlers and both teams. It will be a great dual, I look forward to reading the results. With FLAP at the helm, I'm confident that we can get some real time results tonight. Don't let me down FLAP. Smile

Bluedevil, good luck to Justin tonight. It's crazy how we have watched all these kids grow up and transform into the fine young men they are today. Out of the 4 wrestlers I spoke about above. I personally know 3 of them very well. They are great, and a part of my extended wrestling family. Even though things can get heated on the mat at times, it doesn't change the way I feel about those young men and how much I enjoy watching them wrestle.

Whether it is the Blue Devils or the Mustangs that come out on top tonight. It doesn't matter to me as long as SPORTSMANSHIP prevails.

Someone needs to get a wireless hookup for the Dual tonight.

LG
Rookie
The Jeffries-Salcedo match was fairly even (5-2, I believe), although Jeffries looked fairly lifeless and I later heard rumors that he was a bit under the weather. I also agree with the fact that Jefferies has been seeking out tough competition this year...
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
update
Junior Varsity
What was the outcome? Anyone???

LG
Rookie
AIM: Online Status For pintowin2
plattesmouth wins it 51-24, this dual was a lot better dual than the score indicated. MN kept a pretty good lead up at the lightweights and didnt have enough in the heavier guys to keep it closer.
Rookie
any individual results yet?
Novice
Well just got back.

Started at 112
112 Vaiskunas (MN) won by pin 5:03 over Monarrez (P)
119 Wanning (MN) won by pin 1:13 over Gehrig (P)
125 Heinke (MN) won by dec 5-4 over Peppe (P)
130 Vance (MN) won dec OT 9-7 over Allen (P)
135 C.Bashus (P) won by pin 3:18 over Jeffries (MN)
140 Benshoof (P) won by pin 2:39 over Anderson (MN)
145 B.Bashus (P) won by pin 4:49 over Demulling (MN)
152 Springer (P) won by pin 3:41 over Edmonds (MN)
160 Helmick (P) won by pin 3:43 over Vaughn (MN)
171 Newton (MN) won by pin 3:17 over Harris (P)
189 Martin (P) won by pin :35 over Gilmer (MN)
215 Browne (P) won by dec 10-6 over Kelpe (MN)
275 Bergland (P) won by FFT
103 Ferdig (P) won by pin 1:20 over Allen (MN)

Plattsmouth 51 Millard North 24
125, 130, 135 and 215 were all very good matches.

125 Peppe and Heinke went back and forth throughout match with Heinke getting the late 3rd period reversal to take 5-4 decision.

130 Vance gets 1st period takedown and cradle for 3 NF then Allen gets Peterson hooked up for 4 point move. Vance up 5-4 after 1st. Allen takedown in 2nd period gets reversal to take 6-5 and rides Vance out. 3rd period Vance takes down Allen rides for 1:30 then Allen gets high on leg ride and Vance comes out back door for reversal taking a 7-6 lead. During scrabble with Vance riding he locks his hands with 15 seconds left tying score at 7-7. OT Vance shot single and but Allen on rear end, works up for takedown. Good match by both wrestlers. Can be more detailed here because I have tape.

135 Bashus controls match in first is up 4-0. Then second period Bashus takes down and Jeffries start cross body. Does a very good job and scores 3 NF. Another attempt by Jeffries with cross body gets caught leaning back to far with underhooks and Bashus gets defensive pin.

215 Browne did all the work Kelpe was warned in first for stalling. Went back and forth until the 3rd when Browne got 2 takedowns to Kelpe 1 to seal match.

Very good dual with some really exciting matches. Plattsmouth just appeared a little deeper then Millard North.
Great Job to both coaching staffs.
Junior Varsity
Thanks Bluedevil, well I was a little off on my prediction. It could of came out that way easily with just a few changes.

I knew Vance & Justin would be close. Which it was, really thought Justin would come out on top though. Next Time.

Did Jefferies have any clue he was pinning himself? Or did Bashus lock him in place and he couldn't readjust. The score was close until the Fall, which surprises me. If they met again, I doubt it would be a fall.

LG
Rookie
AIM: Online Status For pintowin2
at 135 it was 4-1 at the end of the first, bashus with two takedowns and an escape from jeffries, so it was tied 4-4 when bashus got the fall. it was the quickest pin ive seen in my life so no, bashus didnt really have him locked in on anything.
Novice
Sorry about the scoring mistake I was racking my brian last night trying to figure out how Chad scored 4 in the first without a turn. It was 4-1 after first. Yes it was tied 4-4 when Jeffries pinned himself. The ref was call pins a little faster then is the norm. Though he was calling them that way the whole dual. Who knows what would of happened Larry if this would not of happened. I personally think Chad would had found a way to win. Also Jeffries look much tougher then I remember him being. He should do very well the remainder of the season.
Rookie
It was 5 to 4 Chad after Matt got the near fall on Chad, Chad was given a point for an illegal hold on the near fall.