Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Loges-Warneke

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Loges-Warneke Login/Join

Junior High
posted   Report This Post  
First match I've seen in a while that went to final tiebreaker. Loges escaped in the second period 1-0, rides him 3rd period then right at the end got a stalling call 1-1. No scoring for 3 OT periods, Loges wins coin toss and choses up, rides him out to win 2-1.
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I dont think it was stalling, I think he got called for potential dangerous move, figure 4'd the body. It was exciting, all 7 periods! Both wrestlers wanted it!
Rookie
u sure it was coin-toss?? i though that when they went to seventh period it was if bottom guy gets an escape he wins if top guy rides him out he wins...
Junior Varsity
It was the coin toss at the beginning of the 4OT that determined which wrestler received the choice of top or bottom.

Loges chose Top and rode out Warneke for the win. Loges scores 1 point for the ride and the match ends 2-1.

It was a great match and you could tell that both wreslters wanted it and were going to go down battling all the way.

LG
Rookie
He's obviously very good at controlling the tempo of a match. Loges won the state title after scoring a grand total of 9 points through all four rounds.

First round: 6-5
Quarterfinals: 1-1 criteria after 4OT
Semifinals: 0-0 criteria after 4OT
Finals: 2-0

I wonder if that would be some kind of record? Those 4OT matches are amazing. Tough wins.