Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
fast falls Login/Join

<air force one>
posted   Report This Post  
what is the fastest fall in the past four years and will there ever be any faster
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Tim Wurdinger of Stanton had a seven second pin in a dual against Howells in 1999-2000.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
You need to get a hold of me ASAP. E-mail is mikeyc@nwimag.com.
<shath>
Ryan Lewis of Bellevue West got an eight second pin in the 97-98 season.
<shath>
Ryan Lewis of Bellevue West got an eight second pin in the 97-98 season.
<JAW>
He had a 6 second pin first round of districts and then an 8 second pin his second round of districts.

Kasey Kohl had a six second pin at the Boystown Tourney a few years back.

Anders Christensen and I both had 10 second pins, our record was broken by Marchello Moderow last year with a eight second pin.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
<Bob>
i heard that newman groves old hwt had a 5 sec fall about two years ago
<air force one>
what is the state record
<Jason Sturek>
As far as I know, there isn't a state record kept for the fastest fall.

However, I'm confident I witnessed the fastest pin in state history back in 1995.

Heat Petsche of Pope John pinned a kid from Elkhorn Valley in three seconds at a triangular that was held at Norfolk Catholic.

I was on the Elkhorn Valley team, and it was the first year our program started winning a lot. We wanted to beat Pope John pretty badly, and we knew it was going to come down to one or two matches. They had to put a guy out at 172? (or whatever the weight class was that strange year), and they put out Petsche who was one of the best at that weight class in the area.

We put out a freshman with no wins maybe in his whole career who was actually limping on a bad leg. No pressure. If you get pinned, it still helps the team at the next couple of weight classes . . . that kind of thing.

Well, he took that as "get pinned as fast you as you can." The ref must have sensed what was going to happen because he was right there to slap the mat.

I've heard it's the national record at that strange weight class, but I've never had that confirmed. Apparently, there have been several three second pins nationally. It went down officially as three seconds, and it was darn close to that.

Can anybody top that?
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Tim Eggers pinned a kid from Tecumseh, I believe, in four seconds last year and he was pinned longer than that! The ref did a double take, like whattheheck?? At the wilber duel tourney last year.

Rick Henry

Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
I have been keeping the state records since the mid 80's, and at one time we kept fastest pin. It was also in the state program. However, it is an impossible record to improve upon, so the list of names keeps growing and growing. In doing so, it takes up more space in the state book, so we decided to drop it. Last time I checked we had several at 4 seconds and I think one or two that sent in a 3 second pin.
<Guest>
What is the fastest pin in the state finals?
<Fall Guy>
who has the most falls in the least time in the state tournament?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
I think Kevin Raemakers of Norfolk Catholic had like a 15 second pin in the finals in the late 80s.
Junior Varsity
Aaron Karpisek had a 7 second pin (and I think it was faster b/c the kid was on his back in about 2 seconds) his freshman year at districts while he was sick enough that he was in the hospital while he would have been in the finals.

Alos, this has nothing to do with this topic, but I just noticed while going through results that the C-1 district that year had 119 champ Robert Daro, 125 champ Dan Rowe, 130 champ Eric Stokebrand, two-time champ Perry Rucker, and Davey Koenig who isn't too bad either all at 112. And you guys think B-2 is the killing field.
<Urbach>
Brandon had a 4 second pin in the Yoder Duals last year. Actually when I looked over at the time it was still stuck at 2:00 but we estimated that it was around 4 seconds.