Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Random thought about Huskers vs Hawkeyes

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Random thought about Huskers vs Hawkeyes Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
1. It was a great meet with many matches closer than the score showed.

2. Mike Allen is a great official but he hosed Andy Pokorny. He let Krutsinger hang in a 2 on 1 ride for about 30 seconds and then warned Pokorny for stalling. Everytime I see Mke Allen I think about the first time we met and have to laugh. At the Iowa State Tournament in 1980 the supervisor of officials was giving the order for rotation from mat to mat. He said, "Frank, you will follow Mike Allen". Mike immediately stood up, lifted his foot, pointed to his shoe, and said, "Frank, I'll be easy to spot. I'm the only one here with white shoe laces". He was also the only black official in the tournament.

3. If Brent Metcalf continues to wrestle like he did today I can't imagine him not being the Outstanding Wrestler in the nationals.

4. Jordan Burroughs is one of the quickest wrestlers I've seen since John Smith. And the only possible explanation for Burroughs' unbelievable balance is that he must have been conceived with his parents standing in a hammock.

5. I think Jay Borschel is an engineering major and he wrestles like it. Everything is very well planned out and follows his design. I don't know Brandon Browne's major but he wrestles like it is Erosion. Erosion slowly eats away at you without giving any signs until all at once the well planned building collapses.

6. The Huskers are better than they showed today and these losses may just give them the spark they need for a very high finish at nationals.
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
In regards to point #3, you clearly haven't seen Herbert wrestle this year yet. It'll be close, but Herbert is my leader for the Hodge right now.
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I made it up to the national duals to watch some wrestling. The only thing I could think of while watching Nebraska wrestle is where we could be right now but no reason to reflect on things in the past. Overall Nebraska is very tough. They just need a few people to really step up in the lower weights.