Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Metro Duals this Thursday
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Metro Duals this Thursday Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
How will they work? How many matches will wrestlers get in the one evening?
Rookie
Picture of dad189
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
This is what I was told. Top 8 teams from metro tournament, seeded as they placed there, lose and your done. So that would mean 3 duals if you make the finals. #1-Millard South, #2-Prep, #3-Burke, #4-Bellevue East, #5-North, #6 Millard North, #7 Bellevue West, #8 Bryan.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
The teams are correct as Dad has said. At 5:00 on Thursday the first round starts. You have MS vs Bryan, Prep vs. BW, MN vs. Burke and BE vs Omaha North. Winners will advance to the semis which will be held at 6:30. first round losers will be paired up and the highest they can get will be 5th place. Finals will be at 8:00. Every team will wrestle three duals and three duals only. It should be great competition.
Novice
congrats to omaha northwest who finally won a dual...beating omaha south 42-36....going down to the very last match.
Rookie
Picture of The WOOD
south was missing 3 senior starters for multiple reasons. congrats tho
Novice
Where are the duals friday night at?
Rookie
Picture of NEWA
Question to Anyone?

Where are they held??? Would love to come up and see some great matches.
Time and Place please?
Rookie
Metro Dual is at Millard South
Rookie
Picture of dad189
Millard South-1st
Prep-2nd
Burke-3rd
Bellevue East-4th

Notables:
Salcedo Prep over Garcia MS
Crouch Burke over Switzer Prep
Mack Burke over Laufenberg BE

All I know so far.
Rookie
Just wanted to say nice going to the Prep and Bellvue East coaches for forefitting a bunch of matches, instead of letting your kids wrestle. Shows you have alot of confidence in your kids and your coaching abilities!!!!!!!!!
Rookie
Picture of luigi
wrestling1 i'm assuming your talking about the matches that were forfeited against millard south...however I attended the duals and even stayed until the final match to watch esai wrestle for prep but instead millard south forfeited 145. So perhaps next time I suggest you think before you speak...that's usually the best thing to do.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Dad189...Congrats to Chris!
Rookie
Make excuses all you want stallion doing that is nothing but hosing the kids the kids they were supposed to wrestle and the people that came to watch it. Dont no why MS forefitted that match but if it was not due to an injury than I dont agree with it. But your brilliant mind came up with one instance rather than several Im very impressed.
Rookie
Picture of lateral toss
wrestling1...you need to think of the broader picture.....perhaps the reason they were held out was to save their records for district seeds??? but no, thats not important...not at all......it couldnt be in the kids best interest...those coaches just like to screw over there wrestlers....yea right....im sure the kids will be happy when it secures them i higher district seed and a state qualification...last time i checked, those were more important to kids than a metro dual victory
Rookie
To Wrestling 1, I wasn't there, so I don't know the whole story. For Bellevue East, Nick Munch (152) quit the team and David Seeley (130) was sick. Neither of those was a strategic move by the coach, so get all the facts before you flap your gums.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Hey wrestling1, you need to read the posts more carefully. All I did in my post was say congrats to Chris Mack's dad.
Rookie
Yea thats what I would do tell my kids I know you cannot win this match and it might get you a lower seed if you loose so Im not going to let you wrestle!!!!!! So your distrct seed is basically not a true indication because your record is tainted maybe you should think about that before you flap your gums!!!
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by wrestling1:
Yea thats what I would do tell my kids I know you cannot win this match and it might get you a lower seed if you loose so Im not going to let you wrestle!!!!!! So your distrct seed is basically not a true indication because your record is tainted maybe you should think about that before you flap your gums!!!

I agree...let the kids wrestle...let the chips fall where they may. Maybe they should just scrap the Metro duals or move it earilier in the season.
Novice
Picture of stormfan
I agree with 525 let the chips fall where they may. You can't pick and choose what duals you want to wrestle and which ones you don't. Fans come to see these kids wrestle. Schools put time and effort in scheduling these events. Most district seedings are decided by now anyway.
Rookie
was the mack laughenburg match a good one? Any details, what was the final score?