Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Pin Streaks

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pin Streaks Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
I have a question for the collective wrestling mind: How does a Forfeit in a dual affect a pin streak? Does it count in the streak? Does it break the streak? Maybe the curator of records - Coach Densen - can answer it for me.

Coach Aschoff
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
No effect at all , it continues in the next wrestled match .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Novice
Second part of the question. Do you count it in the streak or just skip over it?

Coach Aschoff
Rookie
skip over it.....it is counted the same as a bye in a tournament. You just get a win in the record books for it.
Rookie
quote:
skip over it.....it is counted the same as a bye in a tournament. You just get a win in the record books for it.

Skip over it. But it does not count the same as a bye in a tournament. You DON"T get to count a Bye as a win in a tournament. If there is a forfeit in a tournament than you can count the win but if it is a bye you don't get to count the win. The only time you get to count a bye as a win is in a duel meet. Just skip over the forfeit in the pin streak. A pin can only be a real pin. (All wins can only be in Varsity matches)
This was how they counted my son's records. He holds two state records.
Good Luck on the pin streak.
Novice
Thanks for the info. We have a long way to go before we break any state records, but I needed to know for our school records.

Coach Aschoff