Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Help- I'm doing a Research Paper on Hydration Testing in Wrestling

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Help- I'm doing a Research Paper on Hydration Testing in Wrestling Login/Join

<Btown135>
posted   Report This Post  
Hey-

HB, Mikey and any others!

I'm doing a Research Paper and it's on Hydration testing. Can you explain the process more or provide me with links and articles, and any information you can!

Do you get tested and see how much weight you can lose, then get down to weight by districts time? Wrong?
Is this a positive thing to come to wrestling? For the better or negative?

Or a money scheme for the Federation?

Thanks alot!
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Here is a story about it (related to implementation in New Jersey):

http://www.app.com/app2001/story/0,21133,827570,00.html

Seems like it is a test done once a year; at the beginning of wrestling season. Tests costing $30 per wrestler or so. My first impression is that what they propose in NJ would not be effective. If I understand it; they test once at the beginning of the year for hydration. How does that stop someone from dehydrating himself the rest of the season? Perhaps I didn't understand it fully; but that was what I got out of the article.

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Way too many ways to cheat the hydration test unless they draw blood.

Ask anybody who has been out of college a year or two and you might be suprised...

-----------------
RR
<Guest>
posted   Report This Post  
hydration test wrestling

I think it is #14. Athletic Training program

It has a lot of information about the testing with FAQ's etc.

One article said that most of the High School Seniors passed every test, but the Freshmen were flunking. People were wondering if the Seniors found a way around the testing somehow.