Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    240 lb 7th grader

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
240 lb 7th grader Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
posted   Report This Post  
Hey does anyone have any big Jr high kids? I have a big 7th grader who needs matches. His parents and myself are willing to travel to get some matches but do not want to drive and find out there is no one to wrestle.
email me at cschumac@esu1.org and let me know of any meet you may be attending with the date and we will try to get there.
Thanks, Chad Schumacher Randolph
NCAA Champion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Middle school dual team will need a 250 pound wrestler.

Grand Island is the qualifier. Don't know if there are any signed up, but if there are one or two then they will get the shot on the dual team. Most kids will sign up at the last minute. We could try and get him some matches with smaller cadets...like 215 or something...if there aren't any his age.
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Fred he is interested. I have a question for you please send me an email and I will return it. Thanks Chad
Rookie
Picture of ibwrestling
When my son was in jr. high,we bumped him up a grade class to get matches. Also we found tournements in Iowa and Minnesota with bigger boys to get matches.

this why we need to be like south dakota and minnesota. we need to be allowed to let the jr high kids wrestle in HS if they are good enough.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
State Champion
Picture of deano
absolutely right whitey, it has needed to be done for about twenty years now but who knows when people will wise up. There are many reasons why those two states have better wrestling than nebraska and that is just one of them
Rookie
There is a 270# 7th grader siged up for the Friday, Seward Tournament Call Jenee' at 643-9363. There is also a 211#'er - bracketing will be done tonight.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by chubbs:
There is a 270# 7th grader siged up for the Friday, Seward Tournament Call Jenee' at 643-9363. There is also a 211#'er - bracketing will be done tonight.

Bring them to the state tournament on sunday in Grand Island...

nebraskausawrestling.org
Novice
Picture of huzker
Did this kid attend the Championships
NCAA Champion
No, but there where 3 heavy weights there....would have made a great round robin.
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Yes he attended. I couldn't make it but Dean Boyer helped him out. He lost both matches (not because of Dean!). He will get better but needs to wrestle more.