Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Brown is the Class of 189 all divisions!

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Brown is the Class of 189 all divisions! Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
That kid is a good technique kid for a 189 pounder! Not many like him at that weight!
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Belville is- I think that would be a great match, but I would give the advantage to Belville

"Pain is Temporary...Pride is Forever"
Novice
Brown is too strong for him!
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
I'd beg to differ. Plus which do you think he has on James, technique or strength? You confuse me between your 2 posts. I know he doesn't have the advantage on both!

Rookie
I watched both semi final matches. First, they both looked a little gassed at the end of their matches. Bellevile looked as if he was trying to hold onto a win. Brown looked like he was trying to get the tech or the pin. Strength wise they look pretty comparable. Technique wise they are pretty comparable. I would give an edge to Brown in his confidence due to experience. Belevile would have the advantage in the fact that he looks like a kid that wants to prove something to you. Drive. I do think if they wrestled two matches you most likely would have two winners. I think of you wrestled one match Brown would win it. But any given day.
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
Thank you for your opinion 101! But why do you say that James was just holding on for a win, when he took 3 or 4 times the amount of shots in that semi match? He kept shooting through the end of the match. I know Brown is awesome, but his experience is also comparable to James'. How does Brown have an edge in confidence due to experience? Thanks!

Rookie
No matter who would win, you have to take your hat off to Belville for being a state finalist in two sports (and being a leader on both those teams).
Rookie
Belville is a tremendous athlete that has great accomplishments. He will be a standout wherever he competes.
I have seen that Mitch has had alot National experience against high calibur wrestlers across the nation. I have not seen much of Belville competing at that level. This is what I meant by experience.
Anyway, two great athletes that represent the state well.
Novice
all with all that said..Brown in 2 periods! Technique and Strength with a little experience thrown in...tough to beat that kid!
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
Jimmy did sweep the field when he went to the Clash. Besides that, you're right, he doesn't have a whole lot of National Experience, besides what he competes in AAU.

Novice
Brown is the state Champ! Pin Fall to win it quick! No doubt about it...STUD!
Rookie
Picture of lateral toss
and you wonder why we think your a MS fan Mason. However, I must admit, both Brown and Belville are truly impressive.
Novice
Let's have a 189# only tournament. Wouldn't that bee a blast with the crop of 189 pounder's we had a chance to watch this year? It would be sort of like a PBR bullriding event.

Just an idea. They're not all good ones.
Novice
Lat Toss...make up your mind man...am I am fan, the coach at MS or just a great stirrer of the pot on the forum to keep the debate alive. I guess I would say I am the Coach of MS like you said before. I was on the board posting throughout the tournament, even when my guys were wrestling and then I even hoisted the trophy will all of my guys from over here in Iowa! I must be some kind of super hero to be in all those places at once!

I am no longer the caped crusader! I am Wonder Coach!

Sorry Coach Denson, they figured me out so I had to admit I was you! We should go for therapy with these split personalities!
Rookie
Did you watch the 89 lbr's at the finals. Mitch looked by far the best.
Good job to all the guys

This message has been edited. Last edited by: l101,
Rookie
Brown is good but I thnk he got tech falled by Legate at the Nebraska Duals in December and then Bellville beat Legate. I think all of the 89 pounders wll have good futures in college because they all are hard workers
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
Regardless of who's best, they are all champs (Jimmy, Brown, and Legate) I have stated my opinion on here already, and thats just what it is, an opinion! Lets let these guys bask in the glory of a state title for at least 24 hours before we tear them apart about who would beat who! Congrats to all of them!!

Rookie
I think Brown lost to Legate by 1 but I guess you could say close to a tech fall. And as I am told he gave it to Legate.