Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Class C Top 10 Teams and kids left

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Class C Top 10 Teams and kids left Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Going into the Semi's the class c race is pretty tight.

1. Mitchell 62 pts (6 kids left)
2. Madison 59 pts (8)
3. Syracuse 59 pts (7)
4. Central City 54 pts(5)
5. Wood River 46 pts(5)
6. Battle Creek 45 pts (5)
7. David City 43 pts(4)
8. Crofton 35 pts (4)
9. Fort Calhoun 30 pts (3)
10. Hastings St Cecilia 28 pts (3)

Personally looks like a 3 team race based off numbers alone, but tonight will tell the story!
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Yeah, almost anything that could have gone wrong for Central City did. They had tough draws, and things just didn't go well
Junior High
Is this the same Central City that's going to run away with the Class B crown next year, is there more that one Central City in Nebraska?
Rookie
Madison 107 4 in Finals 2 Wrestlebacks
Mitchell 99 3 in finals 2 wrestlebacks
Central City 76.5 1 in finals 4 wrestlebacks
Syracuse 75 1 in finals 5 wrestlebacks
Wood River 73 1 in finals 4 wrestlebacks
David City 65 2 in finals 2 wrestlebacks
Crofton 57 2 in finals 1 wrestlebacks
Battle Creek 56 1 in finals 2 wrestlebacks
North Bend 56 2 in finals 2 wrestlebacks
Hastings St.C 50 2 in finals 0 wrestlebacks
Fort Calhoun 45 1 in finals 2 wrestlebacks
West Point-Be 41.5 1 in finals 2 wrestlebacks
St. Paul 41 1 in finals 1 wrestlebacks
Sargent/Bur 37.5 1 in finals 1 wrestlebacks
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
quote:
Originally posted by kman:
Is this the same Central City that's going to run away with the Class B crown next year, is there more that one Central City in Nebraska?

Yes it is. We had some very tough draws and we didn't wrestle well (obviously). Only 2 seniors of the 10 that qualified (that's 8 returning state qualifiers next year).
Novice
not to be mean but if cc moves to class b they wont be top 5 team.
Rookie
How do you know? They're a young team with 8 returning qualifiers and the draws they got this year were pretty tough. Things could have easily gone different.
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
quote:
Originally posted by TRUESPORTSMAN:
not to be mean but if cc moves to class b they wont be top 5 team.

Why would you make such a statement? What purpose does that serve? I didn't say they would be in the top next year, HB did. I just stated we had 8 returning qualifiers.

It's stupid comments like yours that cause people to not post at Huskermat. I find it humurous that your handle is "true sportsman". Must be your dream to be one.
Rookie
8 Qualifiers with records that are FAR from shabby this year, imagine next. Bolling has a very good shot at being the next 4 timer. Things may not have gone as planned for Central City this year, but from the looks of it they're a dynasty on the rise.
Rookie
Picture of Mr. Freeze
sounds like a lot of excuses....

World Champion
Picture of HB
I'm sure the same excuses we'll hear when Skutt eventually doesn't win it.
Rookie
This is pretty much a moot point. Who knows what can happen.

They might stay in Class C, Some kids might get hurt in the off season, maybe one of them quits (its not unheard of)

on the flip side, don't they get Kevin Smith back? Central City will be solid which ever class they wrestle. Will they beat Skutt in B next year? Who knows, its gunna be a LONG off season.
Rookie
How many years in a row has it been said that Skutt may not have enough to repeat? Instead of talking about it or speculating, do it. I love wrestling. Skutt did not get lucky this year. They earned it. They were short two varsity kids at districts. Bad draws, Hinz on the same side as Hasz. No excuses for Hasz, Hinz showed up big an beat him. Hinz didn't speculate, he did it. I respect that.
Rookie
Picture of Mr. Freeze
HB just had to bring Skutt into it he can not wait until they fail. I guess if you predict an empire will fall every year you will eventually get it right.

However I do not think Skutt will be making excuses like :
quote:
Originally posted by bccdavid:
We had some very tough draws and we didn't wrestle well (obviously).

quote:
Orignially posted by FoolproofCaesar:
the draws they got this year were pretty tough.

They don't care what draw they get.
Rookie
Skutt goes out and wrestles the best competition out of anyone in the state, and it pays off.

Just ask Grant Randall how much he benefit from it.

You want to be the best, then you have to beat the best. No Excuses Period.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by HB:
I'm sure the same excuses we'll hear when Skutt eventually doesn't win it.

You are dead wrong HB. They will give credit to the team that beats them.

Every year the Skutt bashing crowd is chastized. HB you run this site and you take a swipe at them. If this is leading by example, let the bashing begin.
Novice
Picture of bccdavid
This is amazing. HB's isn't taking a swipe at Skutt. They've been tremendous. He's stating that he believes that next year their dynasty will end. CC has a very good group of wrestlers returning next year - next year. CC didn't live up to the expectations this year. No excuses. Why is everyone bashing CC this year and comparing that to HB's prediction for next year? Why so defensive?

Wow!
Rookie
I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone or bag on Skutt. All i'm saying is Central City has 8 returning qualifiers with great records, and that you shouldn't count them out for doing well in the Class B race. Will they win Class B next year? Naw, don't think so. Do they have a good team coming back? Definitely.

World Champion
Picture of HB
The Skutt fans hiding anonymously behind the message board have come after me since the day I started this site. They didn't like the fact that I was from Bennington and I believed that Brett Allgood was a better HS wrestler than Todd Meneely was.

Coach Hildebrandt and I have reconciled our issues and he knows the respect I show their wrestlers and coaches.

But the arrogance of quite a few of their fans knows no bounds.

I happen to think that sooner, rather than later, this thing is going to come to an end. Does it mean Skutt will fall off the face of the earth when it happens? Absolutely not. Skutt fans just get their panties in a wad over the slightest perceived jab, even the thought that they've been surpassed by Grand Island as the state's top program. A few of you need to grow some thicker skin.
Rookie
My point is this has been said over and over. You said there would be excuses. I am telling you there will not be excuses, just congrats to the team that does beat them.

Your opinion is that they are not the top in the state. Probably so. GI has a great team based on the state tournament. I do not know much about them. GI did a nice job at the Clash and at the NE State tournament. It is all about result.

Note my opinion on Seth Stender, from where, Bennington. That took discipline and hard work to drop to 135 and win another title. Coach Pokorny had a great district and will be strong again next year. Note is was not speculation but fact.

It is all about the wrestling.