Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    How Would you Seed the Following
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How Would you Seed the Following Login/Join

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Shuler:
Let me put it this way. If you're Badger then the answer is yes, if you're me, the answers is no Big Grin Sorry Al, I couldn't resist.

The bottom line is that this is something that you and the other coaches in your meeting will need to discuss and decide on ahead of time.

I see how it is. We are the new skinny kid on the block in class B so we will get picked on. Just don't take our lunch money this weekend.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
quote:
Originally posted by SlvrHwk:
Wait a minute, you mean that if two kids both have a winning record against a common opponent, and wrestler A has a record of 4-1 and wrestler B has a record of 2-1, that somebody would actually see that as equally meeting the criteria? Are you serious?

You should not penalize wrestler B for not wrestling the other opponent two more times. He may have won those two more times also. The meetings I have been to all year and in the past we really don't count up the number of common opponents rather just either we have one or not. It sounds like the interpretation of the rules are up to the coaches at the seeding meetings.
Rookie
Just curious how other coaches would handle this situation in a seeding meeting:

Wrestler A has a 4-1 record on Wrestler C
Wrestler B has a 1-0 record on Wrestler C

Does wrestler B have common on wrestler A?
State Qualifier
Mom's cooking baking skills are looking better and better.
Junior High
Picture of Vader
quote:
IMHO all would go to the cafeteria for one of Frank's sammiches...

Wait a minute.

All would go to the point system as all have a legit claim to #1 seed (provided it was agreed that head to head and common carry the same weight)

Points would leave A and B tied so according to the rules

quote:
d. If points are tied, draw those tied.

I think!

-----------------

Again, I disagree. Wrestler B is 2-1 with Wrestler A. Isn't best out of three a determinative factor in every other situation in life? Plus, he has two commons on A, while A only has one common on B. How can anyone determine Head to Head and Common Opponent a wash in this situation. A wash is 1 to 1.
Junior High
Picture of Vader
quote:
Just curious how other coaches would handle this situation in a seeding meeting:

Wrestler A has a 4-1 record on Wrestler C
Wrestler B has a 1-0 record on Wrestler C

Does wrestler B have common on wrestler A?

Yes. Wrestler B has not lost to C and Wrestler A has.
Junior High
Picture of Vader
quote:
IMHO all would go to the cafeteria for one of Frank's sammiches...

Wait a minute.

All would go to the point system as all have a legit claim to #1 seed (provided it was agreed that head to head and common carry the same weight)

Points would leave A and B tied so according to the rules

quote:
d. If points are tied, draw those tied.

I think!

RR, I just wanted to inform you that your answer would have been correct according to the way we did the seeding meeting last week. Using Head to Head and Common Opponent as singular entities is wrong in my opinion. I hope the rules committee rewrites the criteria to include plurality. It would not only make sense, but it would help cut down the 3+ hour district seeding meetings.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
In reference to trimming down the time it takes to seed districts........why not have your losses printed off for every seedable wrestler you have on your team? Instead of having everyone read off their losses, why not have it printed off before the seeding meeting starts. You don't even have to have copies made, just place the one copy on top of the 14 piles/stacks of the 6, 7, 8, or 10 seedable wrestlers and their losses. If you have a wrestler in that bracket with a seedable record, you look at that weight classes' pile of information and see if you have commons or not. This would cut all seeding meetings in HALF!

Or better yet, have the NSAA have a database of everyone's record in the state! Pipe dream I know.........

Rick Henry