Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Elite 30 Frosh

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Elite 30 Frosh Login/Join

<125_frosh>
posted   Report This Post  
Who are they
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The ones you see in ratings, or placing virtually every week - I'm sure many more than this, but will get it started.

Rodriquez
Dominguez
Garcia
Eklund
Nicola
Keys
High
Pokorny
Stender
<Guest>
Drew Smith from Sargent 119lbs.
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
Mohr of Gordon
<Guest>
103-
Casey Rogert
Justin Hernandez

119-
Cory Steiger

thats all i can think of as far as frosh in lincoln
<Let's Grapple>
I would have to say that Sylas Stender from Ft. Calhoun is doing an awesome job right now.

Would of liked to have seen his match with Nicola. Maybe someone can give me a play by play in regards to the match.

As long as Stender can train hard these last 3 weeks, there is no reason why he can't finish in the top four if not higher.

Sylas, if you are reading this, it is meant as constructive criticism. Your nemisis has been your willingness to train beyond your abilities. You must have the desire to exhaust all your resources while in training in order to reach your maximum peak performance. When everyone else is going home after practice. What are you thinking? Go Home or grab another wrestler and go another 30 minutes, Run, Lift. You will only get back a portion of what you give. Make sure you give a lot.

I know you have the ability, that has been shown time after time. NOW, do you have the DESIRE to PUSH YOURSELF to be the BEST. I've seen you wrestle many times, don't let anything stand in your way these next three weeks. It is YOURS for the TAKING. You MUST train HARD!!

Good Luck,

Let's Grapple
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
Did forget Heath Stangl of Elkhorn - doing a great job this year. Also Smith from Gering.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Here are some ranked freshman (Huskermat or NWSCA) that have not yet been mentioned.

Dylan Laughlin - Burke - 103A - (#2 HM, #2 NW)
Shane Krim - BV West - 112A - (#4 HM, #4 NW)
Josh Hammond - OM North - 152A - (#5 HM, #5 NW)
Trevor Spudich - Millard S - 171A - (#4 HM, #6 NW)
Dan Pedersen - OM Gross - 103B - (#4 HM, #3 NW)
Ryan Mertes - Auburn - 103B - (#6 HM, #5 NW)
Marvin Peterson - Lexington - 130B - (#6 HM)
Landin Franklin - Gering - 171B - (#5 HM)
Dustin Franklin - Oakland - 112C - (#2 HM, #4 NW)
Colin Pfieffer - Amherst - 103D - (#4 HM)
Chad Brester - Howells - 112D - (#3 HM, #5 NW)
Drew Smith - Sargent - 119D - (#1 HM, #2 NW)
Bernie Nicola - Fremont Bergan - 125D (#1 HM, #1 NW)
Jordan Gonzalez - Morrill - 130D (#6 HM)
Taylor Escamilla - Morrill - 215D (#5 HM, #3 NW)

NW doesn't actually show the grade-level ... I go by the grade level listed at HM. So ... possibly some freshmen ranked by NW that I don't list here because I can't tell that they are freshmen:
<Guest>
Greg Garcia from Millard South? This kid is working hard. Has beat some big names. Also, I know he's not ranked, but I would throw in Cody Daeges from Papio. He is at a tough wt,(class A 125). He is fairing very well considering. Look out next year if he keeps his weight resonable.
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
I think if you see the first ones mention, Garcia was right there. The way he's been wrestling, he's not forgotten.
Rookie
Taylor is from Fremont Bergan, not Morrill!

Bernie's match with Sylas: Sylas stalled his butt off. Got an early takedown then sat on his lead. The ref. basically let Sylas grab and hold on. Bernie stuck him earlier in the year. They wrestle again this Saturday at the Bergan Duals.
<125_frosh>
Well I took Nicola down twice in the first period and i got 2 got to escapes and its not stalling until u get warnded
<Guest>
Sounds like controversy. But it also sounds like it will be settled on the mat! Both better be ready!
<125_frosh>
no controversy i am good friends with bernie. I was just saying as a wrestlers prospective that u will do what it take to win the match.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<Taylor is from Fremont Bergan, not Morrill! >>

Ooops! My bad! Smile

One ranked freshman that I think I missed was:

Clay Wakefield - Blair - (NW #6)
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<Clay Wakefield - Blair - (NW #6)>>

in 103B