Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    How long can this go on?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How long can this go on? Login/Join

Junior Varsity
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Wow somebody is lying here. Let us know if there is a meeting.
Rookie
Will --

Please post the truth. I hate dragging a family name through the mud on-line therefore I choose not to use the family name. I have discussed this with both the father and son.

Once again the family was NEVER going to sell their home and move to Omaha. At no time were the father and daughter moving to Omaha. It was a short-term situation where only the mother and son were going to relocate. And at NO TIME was a job ever discussed, as none was needed. The father has been a long-term employee with the same job and did not want to compromise his retirement. In the end the family choose to stay at the same school all four years.

Your post was read carefully and the facts are being misstated. In your zeal to tear down a school, it's coaches and its successes you have chosen to falsely implicate a wonderful family, coaches and a school that played by the rules.

I do not anticipate you coming forward and making an apology to the fine people at Omaha Skutt however you truly owe the family an apology.
Junior Varsity
Again somebody is a liar here whoever it is I hoep they own up.
Rookie
I find this arguement very ironic, wasn't it last week that everyone was complaining how weak Class A is and how strong all the other classes are. Well it is being pointed out that Skutt is wiping up class B with alot of class A wrestlers. Hey solve the problem this way, keep all of the districts the way we have now but divid the state up so all classes will be one. So you could have a district with Class D Howells and Class A Omaha Bryan. Then take the top 4 as we do now and wrestle a 64 man bracket. It should still take the three days but you would see who is the best of the best and we wouldn't have as many 4 timers as we have had lately. Plus you want to make it really fair stop open enrollment(recruiting) and take all private schools to one district. So the private district would include Skutt, Prep, Pius X, Norfolk Catholic, Gross and so on. Then let's see how it would fold out, it would be a lot more satisfying to win a state title. Of course this site wouldn't have much to bitch about then now would we.
Junior Varsity
The only thing that would be accomplished if all the private schools were put in the same districts is that a lot of state placers would be left at home? Lets think through these ideas before we post them. Maybe we should increase the number of classes NE has so we have more state champs then more people will feel good.
State Champion
Picture of deano
Well just got back from nebraska as a family member of Brandon's after he won state his freshman year, his family was in discussion's w/Skutt, who started I don't know was a job offer made? absolutely. Did Brandon go to skutt and work out for a while? yes, were the skutt people looking to place my aunt in a hospital so she wouldn't have to commute so much yes. In the end it was Brandon's decision to come back and wrestle for Kearney. This is all ancient history, but stuff like this does happen I know but it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen other places we wanted Brandon in valentine as well and even offered to let him stay with my family but he decided to stay in Kearney. Now since this was before open enrollment I think that it qualifies as recruiting, but skutt is not the only team that does it. BTW that was the longest run on sentence of all time

make Nebraska one class. one state champion, one team state champion and 8 placers. no arguements, only thing you talk about is a huge, long tourney, upsets, who beat who, and the 8 top dogs in each weight.

you win yer weight yer the best wrestler then, yer team wins state, yer team is the best then.

easy answer, but a hard problem to solve. oh but wouldnt it be nice to see this happen.

we will hear though,

"but that leaves so many kids at home that would normally go to state, and so many placers that didnt place"

lol.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Rookie
deano -

Let's stop the games and meet with the family. I can arrange a meeting at anytime.

Just let me know when you want to meet and I can and the family will be there to set the record straight.

You can rip a school however it's time to stop the lies. Like I said let me know when you can meet and I will set it up.
Rookie
moving skutt to A would do nothing except they would dominate class A
Rookie
the placers in A are week but the champions are good so skutt would still win big
State Champion
Picture of deano
no one is lying I said that they had talks w/skutt who initiated it I don't know, also we offered to have brandon move in w/us, the reason he wanted to move schools was the family had problems w/ McCann where I lied I don't know I guess my aunt and uncle have lied to me (their nephew,and brandon's aunt and uncle) my parents. I'm not saying that skutt initiated it but the job searching and what not happened or was at least said was happening. fair enough, love to see Kent and Susan again saw them at state actually but am back in Cali, I will be seeing them again in may though. have a good one

Josh Dean
Junior Varsity
NO one at Skutt has that kind of pull to be offering anyone a job.
NCAA Champion
Get a couple of great coaches together and see all the wrestlers wanting to come and wrestle for your school. Facilities are way down the list. Good college wrestlers with college contacts, great wrestling partners...that's what everyone is looking for. Skutt has it, Millard South has it, Prep has it, kearney has it. Several others do to.

Whether people want to believe it or not, it does cost money to go there. You can't have that many sports and everyone going for free.

It's obvious people are going there for the good coaching and good partners...otherwise they could just go for free somewhere else.

Its as simple as that. Get a great coach and you too will have them knocking at your door.
Novice
How come there was no complaining about how the high schoolclasses are devided during Skutt's first five years. For all you whiners out there, believe it or not, they haven't moved the school. Same place it was when they dug the foundation. Same rules fifteen years ago. Same everything but because you can't do what Skutt does, they're hated. I wondered why everyone had a green tint to them last weekend, I thought it was the lighting at Qwest, but it was just ENVY.
Rookie
quote:

Thats crappy that they dont have to teach at the highschool. Thats why the old superior coach Gary Holling had to quit coaching.
Junior Varsity
guest22 that was classic.
Novice
Picture of phatjo23
guest 22, I wasn't complaining about the classifications 15 years ago because I was in high school wrestling instead of coaching! Just some humor.
Rookie
quote:
Brandon and his family were no way intended to be hurt by my posts, had you read carefully. The Brill's are first class people and I know them personally.

I know what was told to me by Brandon and his cousin and I just wanted to state the truth. I know it wasn't just the luster of a great wrestling program that made Brandon and his family consider his attending of Omaha Skutt.

Hows sam doin Az?
Rookie
Skutt does have a coach that teaches in there all day, Jeremy Moore is a teacher according to the Skutt website. So I guess they do have coaches that are on the staff, plus looking at some of the other coaches on the Skutt website, they appear not to all be teachers.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
525, only in urban area does your thinking remotely apply. I hope some of the other great coaches there are not insulted. We have a great coach, I'm pretty sure the theory doesn't help him much. Probably the same in TH. Open enrollment just doesn't mean the same outside metro, no matter how great the coach, the program or facilities. Brad, RJ, others and now Jeremy are to be credited with the wonderful job done and being done at Skutt wrestling, comparably they've outshone others in metro having the same opportunities, but anyone has to admit it couldn't be done outside of metro. Does it mean they are better coaches than those in Aurora i.e., I don't see it that way and I doubt they do either. Diehard is just that, he'll die hard believing the playing field is and always has been level; but sorry, its just not and no amount of irrational rationalizing can change it. There's sure a lot of wasted breath here about recruiting and denials, it all comes back to open enrollment and its negative impact athletically on Class B as a whole. I think I'm wasting a good deal of it too, sorry.