Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    How long can this go on?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How long can this go on? Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I find this entire thread to be a joke! You guys all talk about me being a negetive SOB...based on most of the posts in this thread you all are attacking a gamily that no longer wrestles in your state, you attack a dynasty in Skutt that you can not offer any evidence to your claims, and you bash the entire state wrestli
Novice
TK... how can you possibly say Skutt fans are thinned skinned. Have you ever been at a state tournament and heard all the booing?
Novice
How come Mason can't have an opinion?
Rookie
I find it funny that TK complains all about how Mason is causing controversy. It was TK who started this thread crying about how Skutt wins and the small towns can't do anything about it, but they can. I also find it funny that he was the one who started the thread to get rid of Mason.

Could it be TK is upset because Mason brings points that people will actually debate and he cannot start a controversy. TK says Mason is wrong when we talk about needing a change in the classification system, yet wants Skutt moved into a different class.
Novice
Diehard, look where TK is from. Nuf said.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Putting words into my mouth that I did not use will not serve you well Diehard. I'll help you out instead so you can quote me easily, " I do not agree with a classification system that allows clearly uneven playing field in class B ". "I am a fan of Skutt wrestling and its coaches." " Mr. Mason is a troll, whether or not he even believes in his own words is subject to debate, but the ideas of reclassification he is plagarizing are not new, nor did I ever say I was against
reclassification" "Am I upset, no. Do I care if Mason stays, no". I'm glad you are amused that someone started a thread to get rid of Mason, you can give me the credit if you wish. I grant you the right to your opinion, but not to put words into my mouth. Use the above quotes to your advantage defending your position, its not likely anyone here cares sufficiently about mine to make it advantageous to you, so have at it. popcorn btw, you're completely wrong,my goal is not to have it be a controversy, its way too late for that. you can quote me " I want the playing field in Class B to be leveled. I believe the playing field in Class B is not level. I believe that those who think the playing field is already level are deluding themselves." Feel free at anytime to become a paying member of huskermat.com, to expose your true identity in your profile and take full responsibility for anything you want to post up. In the meanwhile you remain a thin skinned Skutt fan shallow enough to not understand how to have pride in knowing your team is the one the whole state loves to hate. Don't worry though, the playing field is still tilted enough to allow you plenty of time to figure it out popcorn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TK,

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
guest22, you should be taking pride in the fact that your team is the best in the state but your so blinded by your position that you can't see its forest for the trees. So, just state clearly, Do you believe and do you expect anything you can say can make others believe that the playing field in Class B is level?" You don't help your credibility insulting all others here in Ord, its like insulting anyone and everyone outstate. Good luck converting any of them now, not that you really care obviously. Its typical of readers like you and Diehard to not remember exactly what you read and to then put your own spin on it, your ability defies my small town imagination, sorry. Trust me, if a Mason the troll can reside here, I can too. If Mason can insult the entire state openly, he thinks anonymously, I can gleefully be an obnoxious small town thorn in your side without fear, right. and to further set you straight, I did not say Skutt fans are thin skinned but I clearly and accurately said that 'you' are! There are many avidly fair minded Skutt fans who recognize clearly how the playing field in Class B is tilted and they are not the least bit afraid of or concerned about classified differently, its no stretch of the imagination to believe either coaches or team members are either; why are you?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TK,

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Mason, that last one you almost finished is right near the top of your best

Rookie
I am pretty sure Skutt doesn't look into the fact that the rest of the state hates them that much.

World Champion
Picture of HB
quote:
Originally posted by Diehard:
I am pretty sure Skutt doesn't look into the fact that the rest of the state hates them that much.

Funny
Rookie
After 10 years of dominance I'm sure they grown pretty thick skinned, but it still has to hurt a little.

Remember-CLONESRULE!!!
Junior Varsity
One thing for sure winning the gold makes it easier for sure. Everybody loves to hate the winner!

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Regardless, booing Skutt is in poor taste and is poor sportsmanship and completely unfair to the young men on the mat!

Junior Varsity
I agree with that
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by redrhino:
Stats for main sport in most schools all class

Football 1996-2006 private school champs
A 2
B 4
C1 8
C2 1
D1 4
D2 0
19 out of a possible 65

Volleyball 96-06
Private school champs
A 0
B 6
C1 9
C2 5
D1 4
D2 1
25 out of possible 65

Boys Basketball 96-06
private school champs
A 0
B 4
C1 7
C2 3
D1 4
D2 2
20 OUT OF 65

GIRLS BASKETBALL 06-07
private school champs
A 2
B 0 SSC DOMINATES
C1 5
C2 4
D1 5
D2 0
16 out of a possible 65

Wrestling 06-07
possible champs
A 0
B 10 ( 14 OUT OF 15 COUNTING GROSSES DOMINATION OF B PRIOR TO SKUTT GETTING AMAZINGLY BETTER IN ONE YEAR
C5
DO
15 out of 44 possible

Didn't do track because one stud can win a title on his or her own. 2 people track teams scoring titles at state would have nothing to do with this discussion.

Besides wrestling check out the total domination in c-1 of private schools how many are there 5 or 6 max how many titles 26 out of 44 that's alot out of balance

play with these numbers as you will.

In addition to these numbers it would be interesting to see how many state championships these schools won in other activies, music, speech, drama, etc. and how many National Merit and Regent Scholarships were won by students from these schools. I don't have any idea but would like to know.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by okiest.cowboys58:
So HB, where would you put BT? They get kids from all over the country!

Many of those Boys Town kids are there because of an impossible situation at home. When I saw in the World Herald a year or so ago that the head of Boys Town tried to get a judge in Iowa to send a girl to Boys Town I don't think he was trying to recruit her as an athlete. She was the girl who set fire to the house in order to kill her step father who had been abusing her for years. She's in prison now.

If you've ever had the privilege of knowing a Boys Town grad, as my barber is, you know they are very proud to be a "Boy" and very happy for what that school did for them and their classmates.

When my son was coaching football at Louisville he always sponsored a coaching clinic in the spring. One year Kevin Kush, the head FB coach at Boys Town, gave one of the most meaningful talks I've ever heard. He said a ton of great things but I think the one I'll remember the longest, "You guys probably thing I have a bad job and spend most of my time in discipline. That isn't the case. Most of the kids at Boys Town aren't there so much because of what they did as what some adult failed to do."

Unless you are a Boys Town graduate or graduate of a similar school and know the inside story please don't write derogatory things about their school or athletes.
Junior High
Man I think this is longer than last year. I guess I'm torn on this issue. On one hand I enjoy having Skutt win it every year because I'm a fan, on the other hand I would like to see them jump to Class A and test their mettle against the states biggest schools. I can't see them jumping to Class A anytime soon though, the school is at max capacity and I don't believe they can petition to go Class A in just wrestling (although Ralston, LPX, and SSC do?). I dunno, all streaks do come to an end though, heck the SSC girls just failed to make the state tournament in roundball for the first time in 13 years.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by kman:
Man I think this is longer than last year. I guess I'm torn on this issue. On one hand I enjoy having Skutt win it every year because I'm a fan, on the other hand I would like to see them jump to Class A and test their mettle against the states biggest schools. I can't see them jumping to Class A anytime soon though, the school is at max capacity and I don't believe they can petition to go Class A in just wrestling (although Ralston, LPX, and SSC do?). I dunno, all streaks do come to an end though, heck the SSC girls just failed to make the state tournament in roundball for the first time in 13 years.

The 28 biggest schools are Class A in football and the 32 biggest are Class A in wrestling. That's why Ralston, Elkhorn, South Sioux, and Pius are A in wrestling and B in football. A few years ago Columbus was the 25th largest school and the biggest 24 were in Class A. Columbus petitioned into Class A because all of the rest of their conference and their traditional rivals were Class A. When Lincoln North Star, Lincoln Southwest, and Papillion LaVista South started NSAA increased football Class A from 24 to 28 and Columbus was in automatically.
Novice
Frank Ryan, it is nice to see your positive words about Boys Town. I don't know a whole bunch about it other than the obvious, but I'm sure the Boys Town "boys" have had less than desirable lives. I'm sure your words are appreciated by them and I hope people follow your request of no derogatory remarks.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by guest22:
Frank Ryan, it is nice to see your positive words about Boys Town. I don't know a whole bunch about it other than the obvious, but I'm sure the Boys Town "boys" have had less than desirable lives. I'm sure your words are appreciated by them and I hope people follow your request of no derogatory remarks.

Actually the "no derogatory remarks" should extend to all athletes, coaches, and teams. We are all a few crayons short of a full box. What's wrong with a kid who spends his day running, lifting, drilling, wrestling, getting his nose rubbed into the mat, etc. when he could be at the malt shop with his girl friend or playing cards with the guys. What's the injury time limit in a poker game?

The strangest ducks of all are the coaches. They have the kids for a couple of hours a day, after completing a full days work. On a very limited budget and very short time they try to get out the message that if you do the tough things described in the previous paragraph that you will be happy you did it 10-20-30-40-50 years down the road. They are fighting a multibillion dollar advertising industry that has the kids' attention all day and night teaching them; don't sweat, wear this brand of jeans and you will be instantly popular; use this brand of cologne and the girls will swarm all over you; our product will make your life easy, etc, etc, etc.

I wonder how many multimillionaire advertising executives have ever had a high school kid knock on the door of his gated mansion in the middle of the night and ask if he could spend the night. His mother's latest live-in beat him and threw him out of the house.

Is the kid who just found out his dad has cancer more likely to call that rich advertising executive or his coach for advice and consolation?

How many of you 30-70 year old can remember the names of 50% of your high school teachers? How many of you can forget the names of your high school coaches?

GOD BLESS ALL COACHES AND ATHLETES. Keep bucking the trend toward the easy life and keep America strong.