Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Best Off-Season Way to "Turn the Corner"

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best Off-Season Way to "Turn the Corner" Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
posted   Report This Post  
You have a wrestler that is on the verge of making great things happen, what is the best off-season way to "turn the corner"?

- York Summer League
- Eastside Grapplers
- Competitive Edge
- UNO Summer League
- Wilber Camp

or other options, such as Purler Wrestling Camp...

What are the most productive camps out there?

HEADSTRONG: It's an especially apt, single-word description for the fearless approach to life - a stubborn, uncompromising dedication to doing it your own way, regardless of the consequences.
Junior High
Picture of pick125
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Our coach took us to the OSU wrestling camp and it was an awesome experience everytime. We each got about 10-15 matches in, and wrestled very good competition. Great technique is shown as well, and it's not the most expensive camp out there!

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.
Rookie
UNK is also having a league on Friday nights in June. Clinic and 2 matches per night.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Brave Heart,
Not sure where you live but I would lookat either the CEWA or Eastside if you are in the Lincoln area. They bothe meet 2 times a week I believe and I know several guys that go to them.
My son attended Eastside for 3 years and while he did not do free or greco he got alot out of those stlyes that helped him.
He attended numerous camps over the pas tyears and for the money the top 3 were Gramby Camp in Mexico MO. OSU team camp (did not go with a team and still enjoyed the heck out of it), and then UNL all 3 types of camps they offer.
Wilbur he got some good matches in.
You can go to numerous 3 day camps at the high schools here and in Omaha. LSW and East each do one, and my son even went up to the Skutt camp which he thouroughly enjoyed.

Best of luck and just keep them on the mat!

hawk

Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
When/Where is the OSU Camp?
When is the Gramby Camp in Mexico, MO?

Any opinions on the Purler Camps?
Or, the Jordan Trained Camp in Ohio?

HEADSTRONG: It's an especially apt, single-word description for the fearless approach to life - a stubborn, uncompromising dedication to doing it your own way, regardless of the consequences.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Brave Hart
You can go to www.thewrestlingmall.com and it will list any camp in any state for you.

The Granby camp in Mexico Mo shows from June 12-16, this is by the Martins.

OSU intensive is from 7-3 to 7-15, team is 7-3 to 7-10 and tech is 7-10 to 7-14

You should be able to click on any of those camps and download forms.

hawk