Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    New High School Tournament Event Calendar

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
New High School Tournament Event Calendar Login/Join

NCAA Champion
posted   Report This Post  
Nebraska USA Wrestling will have a High School tournament calendar. Here in Nebraska we do not currently have a HS wrestling calendar. The NSAA has events list by team on their website but what tournaments are going on each weekend and the teams that are invited are not readily available. There will be a HS tournament calendar link on the main page of the website. Once you click on that link you will be able to add a Date, Tournament name, Invited teams and even a flier or URL if you have one set up. You can do the same thing for your duals. Nebraska USA is asking the tournament hosts and dual hosts to take the time to set these up. If we all work together on this there really wouldn’t be much for each school to do. Please consider adding your tournament and duals to the HS tournament calendar on our website as this will be great for the fans when researching tournaments to attend. Again, this would be a great job for your stats keeper/assistants .

http://www.nebraskausawrestlin...hooltournaments.html
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It would be nice if the NSAA would have something like this where each tournament listed the teams that are playing. Trying to go through every schedule to determine who's where on each Saturday is a real pain in the tuchus.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
NCAA Champion
My thoughts exactly. While my boys were wrestling I didn't pay much attention to it because I always planned on being at their tournament each weekend. Now that they have graduated it would be nice to see a tournament list with invited teams so we can decide what tournament we might want to go watch.

If each team would just do the tournaments or duals they host it would take long to add them to the HS tournament calendar that NE USA has set up on our website.
Junior High
I just submitted my entire schedule it took me less than 15 minutes. I listed every tourney we go to along with the teams that I know of that are there. (based on last years forms)

If every host school would do this it would take less than 5 minutes and then we could see where everyone is.

I know for me I will be using to see how I want to adjust my schedule for the future. There are some teams I want to see that I don't and need to get into tournaments they are in.

Relentless
State Qualifier
Playing ?????
Junior High
Picture of Vader
quote:
Originally posted by Kearney MatCat:
Playing ?????

LOL! Made me chuckle.
Junior High
And to think that guy writes articles for papers... No wonder we don't get great coverage in the papers.... Pretty sure no one "plays" Wrestling.

Relentless
World Champion
Picture of NWI
LOL...geez...give me a break -- was at softball tournament all day after a night with no sleep. That combination is lethal in the wrong hands.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Does it always take NSAA forever to actually post the schedules? Our coach has said we'll be in the same tournaments as last year and will be getting us his schedule, but I would think NSAA would have it all posted by now.
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
I agree and have to say I am a little shocked on the wrestling and basketball not being posted online yet. Wondering if it has something to do with the transitioning of the new staff members. Regardless... ours should be up this week as basketball is showing an update on 10/17.
NCAA Champion
Get your coaches or assistants to go online to
http://www.nebraskausawrestlin...hooltournaments.html and simply put in their hosted events. Each team does that and the calendar will be complete with each tournament listed by date and invited teams. There's several listed already but we are going to clean up the list a little better with some grid lines and maybe link to the invited teams rather than try to list them on the event page. Good luck.
NCAA Champion
Wow...take a look at it now...looking good. Keep up the tournament posts. Thanks so much.

http://www.nebraskausawrestlin...hooltournaments.html
NCAA Champion
Ok Coaches keep up the good work and get those home duals and home invites posted. Takes about 5 minutes to do you home/hosted meets. Thanks.
NCAA Champion
3 weeks out
NCAA Champion
Thanks to all the coaches that are continuing to put up their hosted duals and invites. It's really looking good.

Can be found at http://nebraskausawrestling.or...hooltournaments.html
NCAA Champion
There have been some invites posted without a list of invited teams. Please check it out and if you know of all the invited teams please email me and we will get it updated. Thanks for all the tournament posts.
NCAA Champion
Please check out the calendar and see if your team's hosted events are list. If not, please have your coach enter them or help him out by doing it yourself. It doesn't take long.

http://nebraskausawrestling.or...hooltournaments.html
NCAA Champion
Thanks for all the tournament postings. Hopefully we can get them all up there before the season starts. Looks really good so far.

Also, check out the results page. We already have some results posted on pre-season tournaments and last years state results. This is all on one page so you can search till your heart is content...probably not going to happen. Smile