Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    "Potential" Opening for Invite

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Potential" Opening for Invite Login/Join

Novice
Picture of LC Scout
AIM: Online Status For p1ottydawg
posted   Report This Post  
Due to a "potential" late drop, HTRS/PC is looking for an immediate opening for our dual tournament on Saturday, February 5th. We will accept just ONE team (the pools have been drawn, your team would fill the spot immediately). We will accept teams from Class A to Class D, varsity or JV, as long as you have the proper competition points. This is a great way before Districts/Sectionals (Iowa) to get a MINIMUM of 4, possibly 5 matches.

If interested, please e-mail me at mplacek@esu6.org. I will then forward on the dual tournament information, and spread the word to my AD. Thank you.

Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
<Coach Placek>
Bumped due to the fact that another school for some reason has opted out of the tournament. The original opening has been filled by Freeman. If you are traveling from a far distance I can provide several hotels/motels within a 20 mile radius. Thank you.
<Coach K>
Was wondering who the teams that go were and how you format the tournament before i make a commitment. Thanks
<Coach Placek>
The teams that are currently at the tournament are Meridian, Conestoga, Freeman, Fremont-Mills (IA), Auburn JV, Beatrice JV, and HTRS/PC. We need one more team to fill out the two pools of four. E-mail me at the address above, and I will provide you a format on the dual tournament.
<Coach K>
Sorry we just signed on to a tournament in Iowa.
Novice
Picture of LC Scout
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Bumped up for the 2005-2006 season. We are open to any school, Classes A and B Varsity or JV's, and Classes C and D Varsity or JV's. It's a nice tournament for those teams that are not in a conference tournament, or a larger school looking for some matches before the end of the season.

Again as stated in the forum if looking to travel from a distance, I can provide a list of motels/hotels from 20-30 miles away.

If interested drop me an e-mail at mplacek@esu6.org, and I can forward on the information. Thank you.

Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
How far from Omaha? I am interested in sending my MS JV if the offer is still open?
Novice
Picture of LC Scout
quote:
Originally posted by grapplinman:
How far from Omaha? I am interested in sending my MS JV if the offer is still open?

The offer is very much open! Get in touch w/me via e-mail and I can forward on the information for the 2006 tournament. The more teams depends on what format we will use. The previous years we have gone with a dual style format, but if I can get between 10-12 teams, I will go with a "pool" format, similar to what Louisivlle does for their tournament.

The high school is located in Humboldt, which is about 90 minutes from the Omaha metro. It's a straight shot from Highway 75. Weighins are not very early (8-8:30am) and we start around 10:00.