Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    So how does the seeding go at 135 for Skutt?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
So how does the seeding go at 135 for Skutt? Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Remember Parham is sitting back at the #3 seed and Cash had a really tough match with him early this year at Ekfelt. That's a pretty good warm up to the championship match but I would think that being the #1 seed would be advantageous on Saturday.
<Guest>
Before everybody starts crying foul on here, I'll try and explain.

In the past few years, it was difficult to seed the Skutt tournament because of the lack of head to head meetings or common opponents.

Therefore, they use a point system formula that takes record nad tournament placings into consideration. Each wrerstler ends up with a score.(i.e. .9875, .8942...)

There is no arguing in the seeding meeting. It goes strictly by the point system. The only way you move up is by head to head with a wrestler directly ahead of you on points.

With that being said, it may happen that Cash comes out ahead of McCoy because he has wrestled in more tournaments.
<Guest>
What the previous post is describing is a seeding card and it is nothing new - it's used in metro area tournaments and SHOULD be used in the District tournaments as well! It also takes into account a wrestler's winning percentage and if McCoy hasn't been beaten then I don't think Cash can be seeded ahead of him.
<Guest>
A wrestler can have a point total over 1.000, depending on the tournaments he has won. If McCoy has not wrestled in very many tournaments, Cash may end up with a higher point total.

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
So last year's results have nothing to do with the seeding criteria, correct?
<Guest>
At this time of year, last years results are rarely taken into account at a seeding meeting.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Cash will have the first seed because he will have the win percentage plus the full 4 tournaments that count for points. Since Jeremy didn't wrestle in the first semester, I doubt he has been in four tournaments. Thus, Cash is the first seed. Last year is last year and I don't see how it is applicable to this year. Anyway you put it, it will all come out in the wash!

World Champion
Picture of HB
I didn't know if they took into account the head to head meetings or that McCoy was a state champ and Coolidge was 3rd. Interesting to see Parham wrestle McCoy-they have probably wrestled quite a few times from their days at the Exploradories.
Novice
Picture of TRANSCENDING04
AIM: Online Status For EDDIE27WITHTHETD
most of the invites i have been to, they take last years placings, or even state qualifiers into consideration for seedings.