Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Who will win 103A? :)

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who will win 103A? :) Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Report This Post  
I just had to do it. Smile Haven't seen one of those posts for a few months.

Plus, I think Mike Craven is moving to 112; so it has to be somebody new. Curious if any of the 103A medalers will be back at 3 again or no.

Joe Munch? Drew Etherton?

Pretty sure Curtis Miller and Kenny Guerra graduated. Not sure what grade Christopher Hall was in.

State qualifiers who return:

Clayden McKim (returns),
Zachary Fronce (returns),
Joel Torpy (returns),
MacArthur Walton (returns),
Jordan White (I believe returns).

Other SQs whose grade I have no clue on:

Louie Rambour,
Andrew White,
Danny Briggs,
Tim Scott,
Michael Wrenn

When I say returns, I mean still in HS ... no clue what weight they might be at this year.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Curtis Miller is the only who gratuated. Kenny Guerra is a senior this year as is Chris Hall.
State Qualifier
Rambour will be only a sophmore I think.I really like him as a wrestler.If he gets down to 103 again, I like his chances.Comes from good blood, is highly technical, and has the head and heart.I thought he was every bit a good a wrestler as any 103 pounder last year but got over powered some in a junior/senior topheavy class last year.My guess is that the year of maturity he'll have gained this year will pay dividends.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
103B will likely have a new champion as well. HB has Tyler Sackett (Skutt) moving up to 119 or 125. I know Dan Pedersen (Gross) is moving up in weight.

Other returning medalers:

Clay Wakefield - Blair
Riley Essay - Alliance
Kyle Kelly - Gering
Russ Ferdig - Plattsmoush

Other SQs:

Matt Maresh - Central City
Jon Peterson - McCook (thought he was a senior last year)
Jess Fernau - ONeill
Blake Milke - Falls City (pretty sure he will be a senior this year)
Nathan Stepp - Seward
Josh Widner - Wayne (thought he was a senior last year)
Jacob Crnkovich - Ashland-Greenville
Will Gronewald - Adams Central
Josh McCance - Chadron
Drew Stone - Fairbury

--

I expect Clay Wakefield and Riley Essay to do well again.
I think Riley only lost to Clay at state; and Clay only
lost to Dan P at state ... after beating Dan at the
district meet. The B2 district had the 1-2-3 finishers
at 103B last year in Tyler, Dan and Clay.

I expect a big year from Blake Milke; was surprised he
didn't medal last year.
Rookie
There is no way Blake Milke is going to get to 103. He was just huge last year. Plus I heard he is going to Auburn this year.
Rookie
russell ferdig will be back at 103 b this year
Novice
I have to agree Blake could possibly make 103 again. I think Wakefield, Kelly and Ferdig have to be the favorites at this point. All three are capable of winning it. With Wakefield and Kelly being Juniors and both beat Ferdig last year they would have to be 1 and 2. Ferdig has put on alot of muscle through the summer will actually have to cut a little weight this year so should make things a little more interesting. Is there any freshman coming in to look out for. Also just as a foot note I would like to see who everyone is pegging at 112. I know Matt Katusin will make this weight real interesting.
Novice
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Devil:
I have to agree Blake couldn't possibly make 103 again. I think Wakefield, Kelly and Ferdig have to be the favorites at this point. All three are capable of winning it. With Wakefield and Kelly being Juniors and both beat Ferdig last year they would have to be 1 and 2. Ferdig has put on alot of muscle through the summer will actually have to cut a little weight this year so should make things a little more interesting. Is there any freshman coming in to look out for. Also just as a foot note I would like to see who everyone is pegging at 112. I know Matt Katusin will make this weight real interesting.
Novice
quote:
quote:
I have to agree Blake couldn't possibly make 103 again. I think Wakefield, Kelly and Ferdig have to be the favorites at this point. All three are capable of winning it. With Wakefield and Kelly being Juniors and both beating Ferdig last year they would have to be 1 and 2. Ferdig has put on alot of muscle through the summer will actually have to cut a little weight this year so should make things a little more interesting. Is there any freshman coming in to look out for. Also just as a foot note I would like to see who everyone is pegging at 112. I know Matt Katusin will make this weight real interesting.
Rookie
Picture of Wondertwin103
what about other kids and there wieght from last year such as wakefield or sackett and pederson
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Looks like Pedersen and Sackett are both moving up in weight; based on projections from HB and the weights they wrestled in tournaments since state.
Rookie
Picture of Wondertwin103
what about wakefield or is he moving up as well