New
Find
Notify
Tools
elite jrs Login/Join

State Champion
Picture of deano
posted   Report This Post  
just a quick thought: A little suprised that Spain is so low and Cookesly is so high considering they went 1-1 at state last year.

Peace

Deano
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I'm not suprised at all. Can't wait for the rematch!! popcorn
Rookie
Picture of NU.wrestling08
i dont see why you are surprised, the first time they wrestled spain won b/c of stalling points and the 5th and 6th place match, cooksley handled him and beat him like 11-3 or something like that
State Champion
Picture of deano
i don't believe it was a major but the point is they still went 1-1, I wasn't saying that cookesly should be below him but one being 5 and the other 20 is a bit extreme. They are both very good wrestlers and I wish them both the best of luck. As we all know I am a bit bias towards my badgers nothing wrong w/that from where I'm sitting

peace

deano
Rookie
Picture of 1mz-fe
preseason rankings arent solely based on previous in-season performance. a lot can change in the off-season, I am sure that played into the rankings for not just spain and cooksley, but for all elite rankings. also, it looks like spain is only a 1 time qualifier and cooksley is at 2. consistency plays into it as well.
State Champion
Picture of deano
spain= 2X qualifier
Rookie
Picture of 1mz-fe
alright, then the elite page is incorrect.
State Champion
Picture of deano
they both are good and I'm not taking anything away from either they both are good, I understand they both ranked on opinion and previous placing and qualifying, both are very good I just think some of these kids out west get overlooked, not saying that is what happened, because I know that HB is very well informed and I know I couldn't do a better job than him, I'm just saying people in the eastern part of the state usually overlook kids out west until state rolls around.
State Champion
Picture of deano
spain qualified as a heavy his frosh year
Rookie
Picture of 1mz-fe
just curious, did spain partake in any off-season tourneys?

does it really matter that much? like it was said these are pre-season rankings. it doesnt matter where they are, people should be happy that these kids are listed.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
State Champion
Picture of deano
no it doesn't i was just curious as to why the gap, and to be honest I don't know if Matt wrestled in the off season or not Some of the summer was prob traumatic for him since his entire house fell in the fires this summer

World Champion
Picture of HB
I would like to see Spain be more offensive minded with his wrestling. I had a chance to watch him all through districts and state and he is so big and strong but needs to learn to put it in overdrive. There's lots of kids to fill in the gaps with. His last loss of the year to Cooksley keeps him on the list but down below some other very talented wrestlers-for now.